Handle Bar swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handle Bar swap

I have an 81 xj1100 and would like to put "normal" handle bars on it. I am asking for any tips I can get.
    Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Around here, "Normal" is a VERY subjective term!!
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

clutch adjustment

be sure you adjust the clutch before test driving, I accidently removed a couple of bricks from the house because I forgot to do this.
      Casey
      1980 xs1100g "Frankenstein" (Now with a mind of his own!)

"What do you mean I can't park this thing here?"
      "Shiny side up? I don't have a shiny side."

Comment

Edited for unattentiveness, you said you have an XJ. My mistake

The XJ bars are adjustable, if you are looking to replace them because they don't fit you well.
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Hey Just,

A few folks posted a while back about getting some risers/clamps from an XS650 to put in place of the XJ's fancy clamps and bars. You can probably find them on Ebay in the 650 parts, might have to just pick up a spare 650 triple tree to harvest them from, you can't just use the 650 TT, don't believe it will fit, and the fork tube are smaller on the 650 anyways!

I don't know if an XS11 upper TT will fit/work with the XJ's lower TT?
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
          X