fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuses

What is the single fuse that sits underneath the fuse block and starter relay, what is it for it keeps shorting and now my two wires have melted . If you can answer half the question that will be ok . I plan to run the red wir to a major positive line and the black wire to a major black cagulation of ground wires hopfully it won't continue to short. Also what would make the ignition coils send spark sometimes and other times no spark whatsoever. I here a small light click evertime like a solenoid making contact and then the ignition coils start sending spark but i can't find a solenoid it sound like it comes from the left side it's a light tick and then spark.
    Last edited by Shawnb; 01-03-2009, 08:43 PM.

Accesory Fuse

If you're talking about the horizontal fuse at the bottom of the panel, that's an accessory fuse, typically not used unless you connect a radio or some other "non-standard" item to it. You may want to find out what is at the other end of the wires and if not essential, disconnect it.
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

It sounds like you've got someting wired in in the accessory circuit, but it is causing a short somewhere. This falls under the category of electrical gremlins. You'll want to follow Cobia's suggestion to find out what that is wired up to that fuse, determine if you want/need to keep it, and look for the short that is eating fuses.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Originally posted by Shawnb View Post
        What is the single fuse that sits underneath the fuse block and starter relay, what is it for it keeps shorting and now my two wires have melted . If you can answer half the question that will be ok . I plan to run the red wir to a major positive line and the black wire to a major black cagulation of ground wires hopfully it won't continue to short.
        Don't do that.
        Well, you can but you won't be able to replace fuses fast enough. It will be a dead short. The black should go to aux lights or something.
        XS1100SF
        XS1100F

Comment

Working...
        X