bike shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike shops

Im looking for a shop in oregon or washington that will put my bike back together.
    I pulled it apart to clean it up and put a new set of gaskets on since it was leaking. i wanted to look at the bores, pistions , cam pucks etc. and get it top running condition. Well long story short is its not together and i no longer have time. Please advise...

tarmacsports@hotmail.com
    1978 E XS1100 purchased for =$600.00
    crap load of time spent modifying it = Priceless
    My bike has the XS motor but can't really call it XS11
    (or at least it still looks like the XS motor)
    it has about 50% of the frame left from the XS bike

Hey Roccet,

Where about's are you???

I don't want to speak for a member, but I know of a very good, yet currently out of work MC mechanic in Olympia, Wash.. I don't know how his calender is looking right now, or even if that would be too far away to consider, but if it's proximal to your locale, you might give him a PM and see if he would be willing to take on some work on the side!? BTW, He's Prometheus.

And Prom, don't go yelling at me! This opportunity would most likely involve some $$ remuneration since he was looking for an actual bike shop to pay to do the work!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

"I don't want your filthy lucre..."

As has been documented before... I work for home-made cookies, pie, pizza, and recently, Whoppers with fries. This usually ensures that the bike's owner is in close proximity... usually keeping the coffee pot filled.

To work for money, means that I'm doing all the work, usually from a distance... and there's no one around for me to bore with my tales of adventure and blatherings of trivia.
      I refuse to work under unsuitable conditions like that.
      Money I view as an obscene necessity, not as an incentive for work.

A secondary consideration is the time of year. "Seasonal Affective Disorder" has once again placed me in my hibernative mode.(20lb weight gain, disruptive sleep patterns... you'll note that a lot of my writing is posted at 2:00, 3:00 or 4:00AM, etc)

No... sadly, a detailed job such as this is out of the question at the present time.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Hey Prom! My yard needs raking and my fruit trees could use a trim, how about a couple of packs of Ding-Dongs or some Pork Rinds? I'll throw in some beer if you wash the dog too.
        Fastmover
        "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
        lion". SHL
        78 XS1100e

Comment

If you want manual labor... hire Manuel Labor.
          He and his buddies usually hang outside Home Depot at 6:00am, looking for day work.
          Swingin' an electric hedge trimmer duct taped to a 2x4 over my head is not my idea of a fun afternoon anymore!
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

And they say there's no work that Americans won't do.
            Fastmover
            "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
            lion". SHL
            78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
            X