Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need carb to cyl boots where can i get'em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need carb to cyl boots where can i get'em?

Hey fellas as you guys know or most of you know i have a 79 xs11special. And the carb boots that connect the carbs to the cylinder heads are cracking and before they get to bad i want to replace them. Does anyone know where i can get them for cheaper then the dealer charges for them? The local dealer wants 70$ a piece for them and i need four of them. Also does anyone know where i can get the pod filters as well? I'm hardtailing the yamaha and i want to get rid of the stock air box. Thanks for the help fellas i appriciate it!
    Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

carb boots

Partsnmore.net got 'em (slow delivery) and new ones on eBay too. Cheapest you're gonna find 'em new is about $90 for 4.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
      Partsnmore.net got 'em (slow delivery) and new ones on eBay too. Cheapest you're gonna find 'em new is about $90 for 4.
      Thats a **** ton better then 70$ a piece! Hahahaha thanks man!
      Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

Look for Georgefix on ebay. He carries lots of stuff like that. I got mine thru him and IIRC they were about $90. Quick to ship and reasonable shipping.
        2-79 XS1100 SF
        2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
        80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
        Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Bowtied - There's an inner and an outer part to the carb hangers. If the inside is OK, the boots are probably OK. Ten coats of plastidip spray on the outside will return them to like-new condition. Mine were badly cracked on the outside, but the inside was fine and plastidip fixed 'em right up. You can find it at ace hardware (and motorcycle supply) for less than $10.
          I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

If they are cracked all the way through, I have an extra set of used ones, that might be usable. I can definitely beat the $90 price if you are on a budget.

Mine won't look new though.
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

boots

bought mine of e bay. Fit nice.

ed

Comment

Instead of going to a dealer,i usually get parts from Bikebandit.com.The last time i ordered parts at a dealer, they wanted a $200.00 minimum order.
                1980 XS1100 SG
                Inline fuel filters
                New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
                160 mph speedometer mod
                Kerker Exhaust
                xschop K & N air filter setup
                Dynojet Recalibration kit
                1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
                X