4 into 1 exhaust on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 into 1 exhaust on ebay

Found this listing on ebay, whille looking for an exhaust for my Honda Hawk.

Don't know much about the seller, quality, or if it's a good price, since I've got a good stock exhaust.

But thought I'd pass this along.

Ebay item # 160303923682

Doo-Daa

I have a mach setup on my SH. It is pretty loud and has a hell of a resonance right at 5k rpm. it gets REALLY loud there. It seems to be a fairly good system though.

Only Problems I have is ground clearance, the headers will scrape if you don't have enough air in the forks. Also, it is cracking at the mount by the rear foot peg. I have no idea how old my set is, so it may not be a problem for a long time.

FWIW, I would get that if I had the funds.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I purchased a Jardine 4 into 1 black and SS new for the same price on EBay. I find it much better quality and better sound than a Mac system. JMHO

Comment

Easier Link

I ordered one of these and sent it back because it was dented when it arrived. It seemed kinda cheap and flimsy too. I like the Jardine 4 to 1 much better. Just better build quality.
        Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
        1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
        23mm float height
        120 main jets
        42.5 pilot jets
        drilled stock airbox with K&N
        Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
        spade fusebox
        1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

exhausts

My Mac exhaust 4-1 headers are starting to rust after only 2 1/2 years. I also had to modify the baffle so it doesn't sound like sh it. My Kerker on the other hand I've had for 20+ years and still looks great. Rock solid.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

exhaust

can you buy a new KerKer for a '80 XS 11?
            looking at an '80 XS1100 Special with lust in my eyes
            now own: '81 Suzuki TS250 project
            Previous bikes:
            Montessa 360 enduro
            Yamaha 175 enduro
            Suzuki GS1000
            Suzuki GS750
            Honda CB750
            Kawasaki 100 "Bushmaster"

Comment

You can't buy a new anything as far as exhaust for the XS1100. Even the ones that say they carry them will have them on back order forever. You see new exhausts come up on ebay from time to time. I got one from Karla Jones. (a new Jardine chrome 4 to 1) At one point I thought it possible that MAC still makes them but, in my communication directly with that manufacturer, seems they have no plans to make more. Wish there was better news but that's about the state of things in XS1100 exhaustland...
              Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
              1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
              23mm float height
              120 main jets
              42.5 pilot jets
              drilled stock airbox with K&N
              Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
              spade fusebox
              1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

Welcome to the site. I believe the only new systems that are still made are Mac and some European brand ($$$). Sometimes you will get lucky and find a new Jardine for sale on eBay. Kerker, unfortunately doesn't make 'em for the XS anymore.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

As far as I know, you can still buy Mac, Jardines (ebay), Marshall Deep Tone (eur), the X-Pipe , and some other euro brands I can't think of. Oh, and you may still have some options from JC Whitney.
                  '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
                  X