acceleration problem xj11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acceleration problem xj11

hello brothers bikers have a yamaha xj 1100cc my issue and I've always had is that when the accelerated boot Demaci is slow and when he gets up and reaches the desired speed to ask if I need more speed, just when I fist for the accelerate it falls into overdrive and diminishes the passage losing the momentum and velocity impossible a quick acceleration. could be? Thank you so much appreciate your invaluable help!

Hello there and welcome.
    It's a bit difficult to understand your posting, but my first idea is that the carbs are flooding the engine with petrol because of a clogged up air filter(s).
    But it could be a number of things combined. What have you tried to do to solve the problem? More information is needed i think.

Comment

BienVenido

Hola Sherandu,

Okay folks, as some might have guessed, English is not his native tongue, hence the translated text/broken syntax! I checked his IP addy, and his email addy, and it appears that he's in Caracas, Venezuala!

My ancient high school spanish isn't just rusty, it's totally corroded, so I won't even attempt anymore in his language! I know some of "US" are very skilled in second languages, but don't know off hand who is fluent in spanish?

Now to the task at hand. The XJ1100 is a bit fancier in that it uses a special ignition module with built in vacuum and centrifugal timing advance curves. There is a vacuum sensor under the gastank that a small vacuum line from the metal port of the #2 carb body goes to, and then it sends electronic signals to the ignition unit. So......being that it's down in Venezuala, we don't know whether it has the correct Ignition module...should have the numbers
      10M-#### stamped on it. If it has 2H7, then it's the wrong kind. If it has
      4RO-###, then it can be used, but won't provide as much fuel economy.

Also info about other modifications to the bike will be helpful. Does it have the Original AirBox/filter, or aftermarket individual POD filters? Does it have the Original Exhaust system, 4 into 2 with upswept slashed mufflers, with a crossover pipe in the middle, or does it have other types, like a 4 into 1??

Other diagnostic steps may be needed as well. Is it getting ignition/spark on ALL 4 spark plugs, or only 1 pair, either 1-4 or 2-3?

Clogged Air filter, but also clogged dirty carbs can cause problems.

When/if you reply, using short sentences may help the translation program handle them better!?
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hi Sherandu,
        welcome to the forum. If you are able to, . . .please post pictures.
        Maxim Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

What?

He's only welcome if he's able to post pictures???
          Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
          1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
          23mm float height
          120 main jets
          42.5 pilot jets
          drilled stock airbox with K&N
          Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
          spade fusebox
          1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

Hey Pastor,

I editted Phil's post a little, added a pause which makes more sense of what he said!?
            T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Anybody here speak Spanish well enough that Sherandu could PM in Spanish directly to a member, then that member could translate and post here?

I think I sort of understand his symptoms, but I'm not sure.
              Ken Talbot

Comment

Hi TC Thanks for editing. I was trying to be concise instead just more ammunition for a joke
                What I was trying to convey is the idea to take pictures of the parts in question so others on here can solve his problem.
                There might also be differences in the models sent to South America.
                Maxim Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Kinda makes me wish I had paid more attention in Spanish class, about all I can do is ask for cigarettes, beer, the can, and freelance entertainment for the evening for a price to be negotiated later. technical terms absolutely escape me in Spanish and Italian. funny, I think I can ask for the same things in Italian as I can in Spanish.....I think I'm noticing a pattern here....hmmn. have a nice day and ride safe
                  I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Qué pasa wey! Tengo un libro español en la biblioteca y tomé 4 años de español en la escuela........ y viva en Tejas. Mi español realmente no es este bueno, puedo comprender acerca de cada tercero o cuarta palabra.
                    Last edited by Montreux_Blue; 11-26-2008, 10:55 PM.
                    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
                      Qué pasa wey! Tengo un libro español en la biblioteca y tomé 4 años de español en la escuela........ y viva en Tejas. Mi español realmente no es este bueno, puedo comprender acerca de cada tercero o cuarta palabra.
                      Translation - What's up dude! I have a Spanish book in the library and I took 4 years of Spanish in school. ....... and live in Texas. My Spanish really is not that good, I can understand about every third or forth word.

PS - And I don't really remember how to put the words in the proper order to make a sentence, that is why his post is all jumbled up and mine probably is too.
                      http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Working...
                      X