RPM Vs Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM Vs Speed

Ok, I read some threads ont he "750 swap" so sorry if this seems to be rehashing an old issue. Got my first real ride in today and found that I am running about 4,000 RPM at about 60 MPH. This seems a bit high RPm for the speed, but from what I have read may be about right for this bike??

ohh...it is an 81 XS1100SH.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

That's about what I get with mine (I have the 16" "special rear wheel). I have not done a final drive swap, don't really have any desire to at this time, I do however have a bone yard about 10 min. from my house that has an old 750 with a Pacifico fairing that I am eyeing, I suppose if I decide to go that route, I could get the final drive from there. anywho, 4k or a little less sounds about right for a 16" rear wheel. have a nice day and ride safe
    I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

4K at 60 mph is right. With the 750 final drive, it will drop to about 3500 at 60mph.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation! Not that anything could really change that except somone swapping gears. From what I saw rebuilding my calipers, no one has torn into much on this bike since it was mfg. The front calipers had about a 1/4 teaspoon of muck laying in them, not to mention the build up around the seals. So I seriously doubt any mods have been done. Even has the original fuse block, but without the cover.

Hey Lorax, Not to far from me, I also work in Kettering quite often. And I even know the film the Lorax and own it.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

I work probably 10 min. from Kettering. There are a number of XSives down Cincinnati way, in fact, I got together with a couple @ the end of Oct. did a little ride through the country. might be doing more next season, you should come. have a nice day and ride safe
          I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Working...
          X