clutch parts needed et al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch parts needed et al

79 11F has been sitting for a while (years). When I put it up (and no I didn't prep it to sit) the clutch was slipping so I know that will need to be addressed. Calipers are sticking. What other issues will I face.

Also seat cover is ripped and foam slightly deteriorated, where can I find a new cover?

Duc runs great but I sure like the all day comfort of a big standard and would like to get this bad boy back on the road.
    Texas Rookie - NW Houston
    79 xs11F (in process, down but not out)
    04 Ducati ST4s (current daily driver, recently retired from occasional track bike duty, too $cary to think about crashing)
    2001 Suzuki SV650 track bike (setting up for some adult fun next year)
    newest acquisition - Black on Black 78 XS11 with 81 motor waiting patiently in Cleveland Ohio (Insanity!!!...no thanks I've got plenty)

Hey Rookie,

Welcome back to the fold! I might direct your attention to the STICKY thread at the top of this forum, there you'll find plenty of places to review for your rebuild!

In the Misc. Forum is a thread about what to look for in a neglected XS11, a good read and starting point.

Basically, carbs, electrical, fluids....gas and oil and brakes, cables, etc.!
    Check out the MODs section regarding the clutch, hints on reducing/preventing slippage with new springs, frictions, extra steel plate, NO SYNTHETIC OIL, along with cautionary info regarding reassembly! The STAR PLATE IS NOT available from Yamaha anymore!
    Have fun, you've got a bit of work ahead of you, but since you know what you'll get when you're done, it should go quickly and will be rewarding!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Not sure where you are in Texas, but there's a place in Hurst, TX that makes nice ones for a reasonable price.

Read this thread..

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ght=seat+cover

You also should put in your signature where you are. There may be members close by that could help.

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own