handlebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handlebars

Anybody ever tried to bend a set of handlebars? I'm thinking of bending a set off the 79 special; thought I'd throw the question out, Thanx, .....
    Bruce
    78xs1100
    Bruce Doucette
    Phone #1 902 827 3217

I have "Unbent" a set of handlebars. Does that count?
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Comment

what do you need to know about it? Do you have a bender? What size tubing are you using? Do you know the wall thickness you want to use? Are you putting in an internal throttle? Do you know how to make the compound bends if needed? Just some questions you need to ask yourself before you do the project. Remember where there is a will there is a way. You do not need a bender to bend them but it would make the bend more consistent. Never heat bend the metal. Always just use a cheater bar and slowly do a cold bend. Just take your time and ask questions. I will help any way i can. If you need bends made i have 1" 1.25" and 1.75" dies for my bender.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing on my handlebars. I would assume you could heat them up and bend them carefully. I want to bend my stock pullbacks to where there like mini ape hangers. That way it's a little more comfy to ride rather then the pullbacks normally are. If you bend yours let me know how it worked out.
        Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

at work

Selfmade' at work I have XS to large vise, benders for electrical conduit, hydraulic presses, large hammers.....perhaps mustle it to the shape I need.....perhaps the same way hobbyman did! Its the cowhorn handlebars I wanna tweek around a bit.
          Bruce
          Bruce Doucette
          Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Working...
          X