MAC 4 into 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC 4 into 2

I am thinking about getting a MAC 4 into 2 exhaust and I wonder if anyone here has one and how much clearance is there in the filter area. I have a stock oil cooler and stock filter and I want to know if it is still accessable with the MAC 4 into 2 system.
    TIA
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

I'm pretty sure Randy has one on his. I remember it looked like the stock header setup.

I'm sure he'll chime in here!

Paul
    Paul
    1983 XJ1100 Maxim
    1979 XS1100 Standard
    1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Plenty of room to service the filter, it's a good set, they do blue right away, though.had mineon 4 yrs, just starting to show rust

Comment

With cooler?

So, if I have an oil cooler adaptor also, will I still have room to service the filter? Their info on the web says not for use on a bike with a factory oil cooler.
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
        Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system
        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Hey Randy,

I'm running a 4 into 1 Jardine and wouldn't mind going back to a 4 into 2 for a more stock look. I notice they have the turn outs or tapers. Just wondering about the sound. Based on yours how do you think they sound compared to a 4 into 1?
          Ernie
          79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
          (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

i love the sound, throathy, not whiney. And, yes I also have a cooler adapter and there is plenty of room for servicing the filter. the only thing I don't like about the cooler adapter is that it gets in the way of using a socket on the drain plug, have to use a wrench, no likey!

Comment

Thanks Randy,

I'll have to put a set on my wish list being sent to the North Pole.
              Ernie
              79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
              (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Working...
              X