K&L carb kits are crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&L carb kits are crap

aside from the incorrect pilot jet which I knew about beforehand (ordered separately)--- one of the pilot screws was different than the other three. and actually the one that was different looked more like the ones that came out. One kit was also missing the main jet needle. At first I thought they sent me one wrong kit because one set of numbers was different. then i realized that two of the kits kits have one number different. But the number that was different appears to be on a sticker that was put on by dennis kirk's. the bar code numbers are the same.

I really don't know what the deal is, but only two of the four kits have the same parts.

I think I will just make do with what parts I have that will work. I'll just re-use the old pilot screws (is that a bad idea? they look good) and main jet needles.

i'm mainly upset b/c the parts that are usable are the same as were in the kit from partsnmore for a much lower price.

oh well... live and learn i guess.

Dennis Kirk is a pretty good company, call them and make them ship you out the right parts. I used the K&L kits on my 81sh and everything but the pilot jets was great.
    If you get the right kits for your carbs, I think you will be happy.
    Bill Woods
    1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
    1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
    2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Working...
    X