78 XS11E Saddle Bags Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 XS11E Saddle Bags Gasket

Any body have one of these swaddle bag gaskets for a 78 XS11E that you would sell me?

RickMc
    <ricks.mailbox@charter.net>
    1978 XS1100E

Rick,
    Try your local body shop. They should have the book that will allow you to match the profile of the gasket, and buy it. You may need to buy a roll of 50', but you could then sell some to others on the board??? JAT
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Saddle Bag Gaskets

So far, I'm striking out. Any body run across a bike with hard saddle bags like the ones pictures below that maybe only the gaskets remain?
      RickMc
      1978 XS1100E

Comment

I'm hoping to replace the gaskets on my vetter bags soon too. They're not even close to yours, but any rubber that's 30 years old is going to need to be replaced.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

i went to the wrecking yard and pulled some inside pinch weld moulding from a toyota for mine
          careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

Cool, do you have a picture? Pinch weld? Were they around the door? or Windows?
            RickMc
            1978 XS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by rickmc2000 View Post
              Cool, do you have a picture? Pinch weld? Were they around the door? or Windows?
              around the door ill see if i can find my camera
              careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

Working...
              X