New pipes question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pipes question?

Hey fellas i've been wanting to get some louder pipes as you all might know already. And pop ran across some shorty's that are very nice and are supposed to fit my bike. However i'm just bolting on the mufflers it's not a full exhaust system.

My question is should i get the shorty's or just find a full system to put on it? I'll be selling the stock exhaust when i put the new stuff on i was just wondering if i should get a full exhaust system or not.

Thanks fellas. Josh.
    Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Just remember that heat rises and depending on the exhaust you'll have to re-jet the carbs too. Think about where they end and where your feet will be at.
    Last edited by Montreux_Blue; 09-30-2008, 09:23 PM.
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Well there 12" long and they'll more then likely be the kind with the side draft exit.
      Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

Hi Bowtied,
        us cheap bastards louderize their exhausts at zero cost by shoving a pointy steel bar up the mufflers and pounding
        on it with a big hammer to bust holes in the baffles. Be sure you want to do this, there's no going back from it.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I don't feel like damaging my stock exhaust for that. I can sell my exhaust for enough money to buy a full system. HAHA! Anyways, im thinking ill just leave it alone till winter and let metric customs deal with it.

Comment

Working...
          X