idle adjust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle adjust

Had a quick search but didn't find what I wanted.
    Just put in the smaller jet size recommended and the bike ran great - took her for a good blast and thoroughly enjoyed myself. However when I got back in to town and was sat at the first set of lights she was idling at about 2.5 - 3k. No problem I said I'll get home and adjust the centre idle screw as it's obviously an effect of changing the jets.
    Got home and screwed the screw all the way out ie - there's an air gap now between the screw and the throttle body but I'm still at 2.5 - 3k. Checked the Clymers and it says there's and idle adjust on each carb but that it's factory set and shouldn't be touched - that is obviuosly 'cos they don't expect you to change exhaust/air box to pods and jets sizes.
    So before I mess about with what I'm not sure of (carbs are a definite weak area for me!) I thought I would ask the forum.
    Thanks,
    Si Parker
    '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

SiP:

My two cents says that if the center idle adjust screw will not bring the idle down to below or at 1100, then the synch is off as one carb is dragging the rest up to that high RPM. That is if your fuel level is near the optimum.

Comment

high idle

Make sure your throttle cable isn't hanging up somehow. JAT
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
      X