What Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Wire

HOW DO YOU HOT WIRE 79 XS 1100. CAN GET HER TO START BUT RUNNING ON STARTER ONLY

You mean, like, STEAL it?

Ok, so it only runs while you have the starter button pressed? your ballast resistor is toast. Unless you have an '81 - up model.

Comment

what wire

where might that resister be located and how big is it. I got to smaller boxes behind the coils and i have one square box locacted just off the wiring harness before the battery which is a little larger and hangs by itself. thats all i see. any more info and i'll send you a money order.

Comment

The resistor is below the fuel tank. Left side as you sit on the bike, just behind the front down tube. It has two wires going to it, both red/white. The connectors can be pulled and the wires connected to each other to TEST ONLY. If you try and run that way, you WILL burn out the coils.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

what wire

yeah this bike was in a fire and it looks like someone broke the lin tried to tie it back up with small wire and electrical tape but it seems to be a bad connection since it was tied to a tape glue covered end i'll try to reconnect it , hopefully it still works .just need a bigger battery so Much CoPreSSION, small battery, won't crank.

Comment

what wire

I'll contact you two guys and send the best i can don't hold your breath but maybe a sixpack worth in money order?

Comment

what wire

fire is coming all the way around the ballister any more suggestions?????

Comment

I'm going to be offline for about ten days. I think TC may be offline as well.
                Tell me what part of the harness ISN'T burned, so I have an idea as to what wires may be involved. You may be in need of a "rebuild" on the TCI, but Randy can answer that one for you.
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

i got 2 harnesses that you are welcome to if you need electrical parts.I don't know the years but i think i got a 79 harness.Also got a ballast resistor.
                  1980 XS1100 SG
                  Inline fuel filters
                  New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
                  160 mph speedometer mod
                  Kerker Exhaust
                  xschop K & N air filter setup
                  Dynojet Recalibration kit
                  1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                  1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
                  X