Will 80 spcl sidecover fit 79 spcl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 80 spcl sidecover fit 79 spcl

I have a 79 XS1100 Special and need a left side cover. I found one that is from an 80 XS1100 Special but want to know if it will fit before I have it shipped. The owner dosnt have the wisdom that the XSers can yield.
    Thanks guys, Proctor
    Lead, follow or get out of the way!

79XS11 Special

I've got a full set of covers in black that will fit the 79 that I might part with.
    I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

The 80 and 81 Special covers interchange... but I think the slots on the 79 were different...
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

80 Special side covers will not fit on the 79 Special. There are a few major differences. The 79 Special is the only one that will fit.

Comment

yeah, i made the same mistake. I purchased an 80 special for my SF. It's definitely different. With a dremel and a little bondo you can mod it but there is no replacement for an original. IMO.

I've been looking for anyone that sells a replica side cover for the 79 Special. I'll let you know if I find anything...

Comment

Working...
          X