Gettin better..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

Today I rode 73 miles, man it is SOOO nice to be on the road again; really on it!..

I think I got a tad better milage too, anyhow I noticed today when I was changing my front turn signal bulbs.. they are IDENTICAL to the turn signals from my 71 CB750 Four.

Guess I may have figured out where that round headlight/signals came from now..

By the way I "fixed" my horn and left front turn signal by wiggling the wiring harness behind the headlight and the one goin into the lefthand controls (horn button, dimmer ect.).

Definatly have some electrical work to do.
    XS1100 F/G (79 Bike/80 Motor)
    Grab a tetanus shot and jump on!!!

Comment

I've had good luck getting rings to clean up and seal using Motorvac. It's made for injector cleaning, you can get it at Napa for under $10 a bottle. Pour a little in each cylinder let is sit over night. Turn it over a few times with rags over the plug holes and put plugs in and fire it up. The stuff works great at removing carbon build up. You will probably want to change oil afterwards too.

Comment

Well I'm at about the 265 miles point and things were kinda rough at idle so I just did a cam chain readjust, resynced the carbs and did a comp test..

Orig I had 109-110-106-135

After valve adjust 115-115-110-140

Today 120-121-116-146

Gettin better as the thread would say. They all went up about the same amount so I imagine #4 should level off and I HOPE the other 3 keep goin up..

Here is where I went today (among others)

XS1100 F/G (79 Bike/80 Motor)
        Grab a tetanus shot and jump on!!!

Comment

Working...
        X