Goldwing Grips on my XS11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldwing Grips on my XS11

Found these for $30 at the shop while I had my bike in for balancing the front wheel.

Had to move all the controls up the bar about an inch.

I am pleased.

Edit, trying to figure out how to get the picture on here.

Clicky, in lieu of an embedded pick. sorry. Mods can you help?
    Last edited by Ivan; 08-31-2008, 07:40 PM.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

That's better
    Last edited by Ivan; 08-31-2008, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Cool

Those a cool looking grips, how do they feel compared to the sort of stock ones most people use?
      J.D."Jack" Smith
      1980G&S "Halfbreed"
      1978E straight job
      "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

how does one maintain all that room in a garage ?

looks on jealously
        '82 xj1100 17k miles
        '82 XJ1100 30k miles
        '82 XJ1100 90k miles <stuck in 2nd gear>

Comment

When I mounted those I used washers (inside the grips ends) to space it out further instead of moving the controls in. This in effect gave me wieghted bar ends and also helped the bar vibrations. They are Kuryakin Iso grips and well worth the money!
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Those a cool looking grips, how do they feel compared to the sort of stock ones most people use?
            Not sure, the PO put on a set of $12 "gel" grips that mad my hands sore and turned them black. These feel great and no black palms.

how does one maintain all that room in a garage ?
            Six kids that get in trouble a lot. It is a nice "lesson" in keeping things clean. What you don't see is the Cirrus and Yukon sitting out in the rain, and the perfectly shaped XS11 hole in the junk.

When I mounted those I used washers (inside the grips ends) to space it out further instead of moving the controls in. This in effect gave me wieghted bar ends and also helped the bar vibrations.
            I don't have bar vib troubles. Only the left mirror blurs at about 5k and up. The grips are quite heavy though, I suspect that in its self may help too. If I am not mistaken, there are skull shaped weighted ends that go on these things. Also spike ones too, from looking at the catalog at the bike shop.

Comment

Working...
            X