WOW These bikes MOVE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW These bikes MOVE!!!!

Okay so i haven't riden a bike this big befoe in my life (i know i know) but still i've riden alot of bikes. So a short story for yall who are as bored as i am lol!

I'm talken on the celly to the girlfriend and i hang up. Well a buddy texted me so i texted him back. Well anyways he sent me a picture and i had to enter my pin number to save the pic to my phone. I've only had the phone a month so i screwed it up somehow it locked and would only let me call 911 lol (that was wierd). So i hop on the yammy and i cruise down to the tmobile store on 59th and western. Get it fixed and i get back on the bike and go home.

Now the fun part. On the way home i cruised up next to this old guy on a gold wing or something. Some big recliner on wheels. Cup holders cd player the works. Well he looks at my bike and smilies the light turns green and we go. Well we didn't stop going. So i rolled the throttle back and goosed it. Just to see what it would do.

Needless to say i may have to change my pants!!

It was FUN!! 35-80 LIKE THAT!!!! I don't plan on doing that again. But it was fun to say i did it!
    Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Now you know how the SEG gets put on the face, and never goes away!!
    Ride easy, and save the "roll on" for the poor HD owner, or the next Honda. A lot of the newer bikes ARE faster, they just don't have the class of the XS1100. JMHO
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

seg? Hahaha i'm clueless man whats that mean?
      Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

I think its S**t eating grin.
        1979 xs1100 Special -
        Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
        Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
        My Bike:
        [link is broken]

Comment

Oh hahaha! I didn't think of that! lol! Thats good and it did too!

I was cracken up afterwards!

Comment

Heres another saying that might be appropriate.. At least you werent shaking like a dog s**ttin bones..
            I always liked that one. Heres another.. Ive been out crouching/sittin on some wood blocks, polishing my front rim with some mothers (god I SO sick of scrubbin on this bike hehe.. ).

Anyway Im almost done with the front rim (tires should be here tommorow). When she's done she'll be Shining like a Diamond in a Goats A$$.. hahahha.. my favorite or for short.. S'in like a D in a G's A. hah
            XS1100 F/G (79 Bike/80 Motor)
            Grab a tetanus shot and jump on!!!

Comment

I used to think bikes were pretty zippy, until I built my 12 second Monte Carlo.

Kind of made the Shadow feel anemic, and, so far, I haven't been able to get enough performance out of the XS to change that.
              Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
              '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Re: WOW These bikes MOVE!!!!

Originally posted by Bowtied

Needless to say i may have to change my pants!!

It was FUN!! 35-80 LIKE THAT!!!! I don't plan on doing that again. But it was fun to say i did it!
                Yeah right...once you've been bitten...you have the bug...no way you wont ever do that again...you will...its too much fun not to
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Re: WOW These bikes MOVE!!!!

[

It was FUN!! 35-80 LIKE THAT!!!! I don't plan on doing that again. But it was fun to say i did it! [/B][/QUOTE] wait til you come down a highway ramp, about 35 and then roll-on and power you way on to the highway. o-yah
                  80 xs1100G

Comment

and then the next thing is...your looking over at the old lady and saying "You know...We really could use a V-Max around the house!
                    Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
                    Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
                    while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Working...
                    X