Streetfighter Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streetfighter Beginning

This is what i have done so far on my streetfighter project!

1979 Eleven Special - 26,000 miles.

Thats pretty cool!

But what the heck is a streetfighter? I played the video game?
    Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

i like how the seat turned out, did you cut the seat pan?

you need to get some cafe bars or a drag bars or something besides the buckhorns.......

like....

or

1979 XS1100 SF "Black Goblin"
      -Pod Filters
      -4-1 pipe
      -larger jets for carbs
      1982 XJ1100 "Black Sheep"

Comment

I think the definition of a streetfighter is a bike that is pretty much a crotch rocket, without all of the pretty fairings.

Check out the 2002 Honda 919, that is somewhat the look I am going for.

Comment

Superbike bars on the way from MikesXS.

Comment

Wikipedia says:
            A streetfighter is a superbike that is customized by removing the fairing, and making other changes that result in an overall more aggressive look. Made popular by European riders, this type of custom motorcycle is gaining popularity all over the world.

Sort of like a modern day cafe racer.
            1979 xs1100 Special -
            Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
            Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
            My Bike:
            [link is broken]

Comment

Tail

The next fighter I do, I want to use the tail from a Ducati monster. It flows into the seat area and lower tank of the 11 nicely....
              http://www.ducatimonster.org/feature...aug/debut8.jpg
              http://peepculture.com/wp-content/up...onster_695.jpg
              Last edited by xschop; 08-28-2008, 12:14 PM.
              MDRNF
              79F.....Not Stock
              80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

The next fighter I do, I want to use the tail from a Ducati monster. It flows into the seat area and lower tank of the 11 nicely.... http://www.ducatimonster.org/featur...4aug/debut8.jpg
                That bike = pure sex!
                Love it!
                My new desktop!
                1979 xs1100 Special -
                Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                My Bike:
                [link is broken]

Comment

Re: Streetfighter Beginning

Originally posted by firecrackerboom
                  This is what i have done so far on my streetfighter project!

Digital photography really fuxes with my eyes. That rear looks like it's been photoshoped.
                  79 XS11 special

Comment

Id hate 2 b behind you in the wet. lol :-)

What else do u plan on doing to the bike?
                    pete

new owner of
                    08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
                    1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
                    zrx carbs
                    18mm float height
                    145 main jets
                    38 pilots
                    slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
                    fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by psycoreefer

Sort of like a modern day cafe racer.
                      Sod off the wiki****, that's the best overall description for a StreetFighter.

Essentially a stripped Big Jap 4 (or equivalent) with beefed up handling, braking and engine performance intended for hooning around cities and open roads. The original streetfighters were 80's Suzuki GSXR's stripped of tupperware, flat bar conversions, later model suspension and brakes, raised rear ends, lowered front ends, and more attitude than any H@nda could muster. The style originated in England, but the Germans are definitely at the front of the game these days, you should see the wild **** that they're building.

Upside down front ends, single side swing arms, and turbo's are the current popular mods.

There has also been a growing 'straightliners' form of streetfighters, primarily stretched, slammed and glammed busa's with turbo's, and the like, coming out of the US

Comment

i think they were born in the 80's it's what the british cafe's mutated into once sport bikes were made. i have several streetfighters magazines. some of them are very xtreme. some are really cool looking. some are too wild looking. you can get a cool bikini fairing for the front like i had on my 86 radian. if you look at the bike photo's i have it on there.
                        also i used daytona bars to replace my xs11 bars they work great and look sportier. you can also go to airtech streamlining and find a plethora of different fiberglass parts to make your own style bike.
                        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                        xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                        8mm msd wires
                        tkat fork brace...
                        Fox shocks...
                        mikes650 front fender
                        led's gallore...
                        renthal bars
                        gold valve emulators
                        vmax tensioner
                        Rifle fairing

Comment

Originally posted by yamahansolo
                          i think they were born in the 80's it's what the british cafe's mutated into once sport bikes were made. i have several streetfighters magazines. some of them are very xtreme. some are really cool looking. some are too wild looking. you can get a cool bikini fairing for the front like i had on my 86 radian. if you look at the bike photo's i have it on there.
                          also i used daytona bars to replace my xs11 bars they work great and look sportier. you can also go to airtech streamlining and find a plethora of different fiberglass parts to make your own style bike.
                          Do you guys get the British Streetfighters magazine over there?

http://www.streetfightersmag.com/

It's the premier (if not the only) streetfighter publication. One of the German builders sent me a list of all the companies in Germany manufacturing streetfighter components, and there were hundreds of them, from frame manufacturers to xtreme bodywork to hot-up bits.
                          Streetfightering bikes is still as new here as it is in the US, and we generally buid bikes along the English style, due to so many Poms migrating out here and bringing their bikes with them.
                          You guys in the US though are developing your own 'straightliner' style of fighters, lots of bling, huge power boosts, stretched out swingers and lowered, what some might call 'tarted up' drag bikes. And it's in this style that the stremlining bodywork is mainly aimed at.
                          There's a US parts supplier called Angry Guy who has some pretty wild kit, he's a builder himself and know's what he is doing.

http://www.angryguystreetfighters.com/

Comment

yep i love the bikes in the streetfighter mag... lot's of good pics.

this months came with streetfighter stickers. the only downside is they are about 9.00 bucks us money!!!
                            " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                            xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                            8mm msd wires
                            tkat fork brace...
                            Fox shocks...
                            mikes650 front fender
                            led's gallore...
                            renthal bars
                            gold valve emulators
                            vmax tensioner
                            Rifle fairing

Comment

Re: Re: Streetfighter Beginning

Originally posted by stoked

Digital photography really fuxes with my eyes. That rear looks like it's been photoshoped.
                              Good Call. But not photoshopped, MSPainted, lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X