1st gear assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st gear assistance

I havent posted in a while, but always check the forums for info.
    I have the infamous 1st/2nd gear tranny problem. ('82 xj1100)
    I am a little afraid to take this fix on by myself. Trying to find some one in the Utah area that may be willing to help out, of course with financial re-imbersment. I've seen people offering up services for this fix for about 2 bills. I am not afraid of the taking apart portion, it's the going back together and working after that portion that scares me.
    I am an okay wrench Gopher and learn fairly quick.
    I am at the point where at a bare minimum that I have to change out the clutch (was pretty worn out when I got the bike last september) and continue starting off in 2nd.
    Local motorcycle shops are way too expensive for my blood and besides, if you haven't given them $10,000 for a new V-twin Hardley look alike, they won't give you the time of day.
    That's not entirely true, they will tell you that no one works on carburated motorcycles anymore and that you can drive one of thiers today for about $200 a month.
    Sorry to get off on a tangent,
    Any inputs would be greatly appriciated.
    Dan
    Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
    while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

I did an ADMIN search for Utah:

Found a few members that list Utah as their location, AND have been on the Forum this year!
    DarkHorse
    BUNK
    Bwilding_2000
    danteinien
    morticiaann

Jerry is out in Colorado.

Regrettably many of the folks have NOT seen or filled out the "Members Utah" thread in the Member's Forum.

Good Luck in possibly contacting someone, Utah's a fairly big state! The word transmission IS scary, but following the guides/tips, many with very little experience have done the job successfully!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
    X