• Show
Clear All

Hey,Da-Bubble;

I noticed in your signature:

'shaved emblems'

just curious, what is it?

Comment

Hot Rod History

When you "shave" the emblems or trim on a vehicle it just means to remove them and fill the holes. On newer vehicle most emblems are simply stuck on with double sided tape which makes them much easier to remove. On the XS it required a little body filler and a lot of sanding.

TC - Wow I didn't know I could convert to the newer style rubber tips. I will search for that mod. Thanks!!!
      Last edited by Da-Bubble; 08-24-2008, 01:23 PM.
      1979 XS11 Special (slightly modified)
      dubbed the "Mad Mosquito"

MikesXs Pod Filters
      MikesXs 35k Coils
      8mm plug wires
      42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
      (Carb tune by GNEPIG Performance)
      Kerker 4-into-1
      Shaved emblems
      Progressive frt springs lowered 1.5"
      Progressive 11.5" rear shocks
      Harley Dyna rear fender chopped
      Custm side mt tag (apparently illegal)
      Custom Dual Headlights
      Lots of time and hard work.

Comment

Re: Suzuki petcocks

Originally posted by Bunk
        Which model of Suzuki petcocks did you use?
        Ahh not sure sorry got them from local motorcycle parts supplier. Not sure if they are genuine suzuki or completely aftermarket but they bolted straight in albiet slightly longer than originals and leave bugga all room to play with, will post a pic to show soon as I can upload one

Comment

Hey Da-bubble,

I went through a new set of valves and seats on my 79. They were aftermarket and looking at the ones the po had a bike shop put in, they were aftermarket as well...pretty poor quality.

81xsproject did some work on changing over to the vitons...check this thread....http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...5&pagenumber=1 Don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found his list of comaparble models.

I ended up ordering a set of seats and valves for a XV920. I used my stock brass floats..reused my fibre washer (to keep the profile of the seat lower as opposed to the metal washer) and set the float height to 27.7mm with the drop to 31.5mm =\-. I haven't had a problem yet.

I made a mistake in ordering them though, I got the sets OEM no. 42H-14390-00 which are 1.40 seats as opposed to the 2.00 called for. I believe the correct number is 10L-14390-02.

Anyways I haven't noticed any problems running the 1.40s so I don't know if it matters that much?
          Ernie
          79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
          (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Working...
          X