Auxillary Fuel Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Max,

I don't remember..... There are construction pics of it somewhere, but I don't remember where? Drop him a PM and I'm sure you will get an answer.

AlanB
    If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Hi Max,

Just found the pics by accident!... click on this; http://xs1100.info/photo_3.html , Click on turbo, then click on the 1992 picture, you should get the pictures of the tank being cut up.

I still don't know how big it is, but you could add as much as you needed.

AlanB

Comment

Alanthere are some bad@$$ bikes there...not too good on reading German though...LOL
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi Max,

I can't read it either, but I like the pics!

Did you find the shots of the tank construction?

AlanB

Comment

Alan...I saw a total of 2 pics that showed the tank's construction...it appears to me I'd have to make my XJ tank quite a bit larger ..I'll have to play with the tape measure...its a long shot that I would go this route,but it'll keep me busy for a while..LOL
            I cant believe what they have been doing to the XS 11's in the Netherlands....they all look like hyped up turboed/supercharged Cafe' Racers...No lack of imagination and money!
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi Max, my tank holds 36 liters, that's 12 more than stock.

Here is a pic from a german rider who welded two 2h9 E tanks on top of each other. Pic is nicked from the german XSFRW site:

So, you see everything is possible....
              Last edited by Mathh; 12-25-2009, 10:31 AM.
              XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
              MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
              Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
              Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
              Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
              Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Here is my concept for an aux tank

http://xs11.com/forum/showthread.php...=aux+fuel+tank

Comment

Originally posted by Mathh
                  Hi Max, my tank holds 36 liters, that's 12 more than stock.

Here is a pic from a german rider who welded two 2h9 E tanks on top of each other. Pic is nicked from the german XSFRW site:

So, you see everything is possible....
                  Thankyou Math....Truly this is inspiring to me...That tank looks enormous...can anyone tell me how many galllons 36 litres is???I am thinking I would like to have 7 to 8 gals...total on the bike
                  John...Thanks for sharing...Many different ways to go here so this will take some time for me to sort out. BTW Loved your Bikes slideshow too
                  Last edited by madmax-im; 08-22-2008, 10:00 AM.
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

36 litres = 9.47 Us Gal.
                    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Hi Madmax,
                      36 litres is about 9-1/2 US gallons.
                      And Mathh, while that sidecar rig's Earles fork is beyond my skills or my wallet, I do have two FUBARed Standard tanks that could be piggybacked just like that one is.
                      All I need is better welding skills.
                      And a big can of body filler.
                      And a POR15 kit.
                      And a nother $75 worth of paint.
                      And a kick in the arse to get started.
                      Or, anyone want to make me an offer for two FUBARed Standard tanks?
                      Fred Hill, S'toon
                      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

That would do it!

9 1/2 gals...would definitely take care of the problem!Thanks Guys...I have some ideas.........
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

there are some pictures of my tank expansion at the web sitephotobucket site
                          if that doesn't come out right, message me with your email and I'll send them to you, or look for theroncombs on photobucket and then look under bike tank album.
                          completed tank last year and put it on the day before I left for Colorado. Unfortunately, it still had some leaks, so I took it off and haven't done anything with it since.
                          It's nowhere near 9.5 gal, more in the range of 5.5 to 6.5, but if you or someone you know is handy with sheetmetal and welding, I'd go for it.
                          Last edited by Yamaniac; 08-24-2008, 02:27 AM.
                          Yamaniac
                          '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
                          '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
                          '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
                          '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
                          '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

I've ran a 4 gallon aux tank on the baxk of my XS1100 sidecar rig for a few years. Works fine. When the red light comes on, just flip the lever and the fuel drains into the main tank. JAZ makes very nice affordable fuel cells.

Comment

Working...
                            X