Clutch cable length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch cable length

I have suddenly found myself in need of a replacement clutch cable. The PO put taller handlebars on the bike, and I don't know if a longer clutch cable was installed to compensate, or if the OEM just happened to be long enough.

Long story short, I don't know if I should get an OEM or if I have to get a slightly longer cable. The one I just unceremoniously yanked off the bike measured 50" from end to end. Anyone know the length of an OEM cable? Is anyone else with an 80sg able to measure theirs? I know measuring it would be difficult due to its routing through the bike, but if my cable is longer than stock then it is so by a measure of around 6"-8".

I have a ride planned for this Friday so I'm trying hard to find a cable by Thursday!
    I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
    3J6 003509
    Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
    Fuse Block Upgrade
    Mike's XS Green Coils
    Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Replacement cable just showed up today. OEM cable for 81sg is in fact just over 50".
    I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
    3J6 003509
    Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
    Fuse Block Upgrade
    Mike's XS Green Coils
    Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem, except mine is too long. I'm gonna have to go by a motorcycle salvage yard and try to find one about 2 or 3 inches shorter. =(
      1980 XS1100SG
      In the process of making her look pretty!
      P.S., TomRodgers has the best avatar icon ever!

Comment

Working...
      X