about 38mpg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about 38mpg?

I have an 81 XS1100..carbs are sick but finally workin..about 10,000 miles..wonderin what mileage to expect...(love the power) nheheh.vrrrooooom

I started with a basket case and (thanks to all here again)
    got her goin and goin and..
    still tryin to make the missus understand...
    Aint we all...lol
    '81 sh " Maime" The Nature of The Beast

MPG

I get about 36-40 MPG on both of my 78'E
    Jason
    78'E inherited original owner
    78'E could not pass up

Comment

From what we have discussed before 33-36 is normal for an XS in good mechanical shape and properly tuned. I have seen guys getting 40 or more, but it is not very common. I only get 26-28 ...(at 75mph on highway), 33 or so on secondary roads. My bike has 87K miles and one cylinder low on compression, so my mileage sucks.
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

mileage..

Thanks for the input..for now I am stayinpretty close to home with it...(shakin the bugs out...) I have spilled sooo much gas I am thinkin I am keepin OPEC aive hahahah...I havent even begun to figure mileage..just nice to know whats "normal".
        '81 sh " Maime" The Nature of The Beast

Comment

I usually average about 36 mpg on my 79 Special, but can 40 mpg on straight highway miles.
          Robert
          79 SF

Comment

38 mpg give or take...

I just finished a complete rebuild of my SH.... took it out for a test ride of 50 miles.... got 37.9 mpg.... (that is with about half a bottle of injector/carb cleaner in the tank)... time will tell... but i figure 38 - 40 sounds about right.
            Jim Sanders ><>
            XS1100SH "Donorcycle"
            Ocean Shores, WA

Comment

Working...
            X