Spaghetti Jardines..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spaghetti Jardines..

A couple of sets have shown up on eBay in the past couple of weeks.

http://picasaweb.google.com/agfitz/J...ey=p_mQPkZaFps

The painted ones ( which closed a few days ago) had a couple of megaphone mufflers attached and from the front were very obviously the "look" that makes these pipes so desirable.

The chrome one has me a bit confused. It's not a really good photograph, although the seller has others on offer via email. Is there something amiss with the pipes going to exhaust ports (1) and (4)? Are they just mixed up in the photographs? From the angle that the shot is taken, it just looks wrong to me, sorta half-pasta, half-not. If this is the way they are supposed to be, as generic a set of spaghetti pipes as exists anywhere ... could someone put my curiosity to rest? Maybe they were just assembled wrong for the photo?

Thanks,

Gareth

Hey Gareth,

Both sets are routed the same way, which is the Jardine way, 1-4 together, and 2-3 together, vs. the OEM of 1-2 and 3-4.
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I had a bid on the chrome ones, but they are now going out of my price range
      put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
      79 F (Blueballs)
      79 SF (Redbutt)
      81 LH (organ donor)
      79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
      76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
      rover has spoken

Comment

Hi All,

The eBay Jardine Chromies are my pipes; I need some extra $$$ for Mid-Ohio (actually a LOT of extra $$$) so thought the sale of the Jardines would help. EBay hosted pictures are crap, so I offer hi-res photos to send seperately so those interested can actually see what is for sale.

It seems a little tacky to advertize eBay listings on the XS11 Forum, so I did not start a post, but felt a reply may be useful in this thread.

The Jardine tuning principle on this style header is 2 fold: First, the outer 2 and inner 2 cylinders are coupled to allow for even firing pulses and unbiased scavenging - the power pulses are exactly 360 degrees apart as the inner 2 and outer 2 pistons rise and fall together (but you already know that!). Second, the header pipes are respectively as close to the same lengths as possible to maintain the integrity of both pulses hitting the collector at the same time.

The sound is interesting too - evenly spaced, and in stereo! I probably should have kept them, but my garage is going to collapse soon from the weight of "spares" hanging from the rafters :-0

Cheers,
        Warren the Yamanatic
        Sure it's gonna make some noise, there's GAS exploding in there!

Comment

Warrens exhaust on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA:IT&ih=001

It's not a shameless plug if someone else posts it.

BTW, this exhaust cost $475 bucks brand new, $160 isn't Jack for this system.

Comment

OK.. I get that. With the split 1-4, 2-3 thing...

It's just that the photo suggests that the system isn't as "symmetrical" as the painted one that I posted for comparison in the first post. Can you confirm that the "front" view of your pipes, when mounted, is just about the same as what I consider the generic "Spaghetti Look"? Look at the painted pipes in the second photo of the first post for comparison.. Or maybe just let me know if you have a front view photo that you can send me...
            You might gather that I have some interest in this auction, but I need more info...

Thanks, and good luck with your auction.

Regards,

Gareth

Comment

Hi Gareth,

I posted a picture of the Jardine before removal:
              http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...eInstalled.jpg

I cannot post the rest of the photos because the size is too large for the picture hosting service. I did try to send them to your eMail address through the forum but you do not have that option allowed :-( If you want me to send the big guys, just forward your addy through eBay and I will get them to you ASAP.

BTW, I am going to the Mid-Ohio swap next weekend and could deliver them there or on the way from Wisconsin.

Thanks much!
              Warren

Comment

I just upped my bid (roverboy69) with the thought that I am only about 1 1/2 hours from Colfax, and could pick them up in person, or at least meet part way (maybe Eau Claire).
                put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
                79 F (Blueballs)
                79 SF (Redbutt)
                81 LH (organ donor)
                79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
                76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
                rover has spoken

Comment

Hey Rover,

I would be glad to meet you most anywhere within 20 or 30 miles of Eau Claire. I can use the wife's Scion! Also heading Southeast to the AMA swap if that might help.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X