New XS1100 Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New XS1100 Owner

Hi all. I just wanted to say thank u because your posts helped me alot.I just bought a xs1100 about 3 weks ago and ran into a fuel issue last week.The first 2 weeks I had the bike I had no problems than they all started rearing their ugly head.Last week my octy started leaking so after I got the octy off(With help from the forums) I decided to check the petcocks and of course they didnt shut off when in off posistion this put me in a dilemma.I than proceeed to mikesx and bought two new petcocks which didnt fit I was like oh no what am I going to do? Well I took a trip to Home Depot and picked up two quater inch compression fitting valves.I also picked up 1 foot of copper line (which the guy was gracious enough to cut into four one and a half inch sections).I than turned the petcocks around backwards so that the nipples were pointing outward.When I got rid of the octy I Left the two lines that go to the bottom of the carbs on the bike.I than capped the second outlet hole on the petcock with some quarter inch. vaccum plugs i picked up at Advance Auto(Autozone also sells them).I used the fuel line that was left over from octy removal(I will keep those for further endeavors.)I placed the fuel line in between the copper tube that i put into the compression fitting and cut the line down to fit from the carbs to the other side of the copper tube sticking out of the valve.(compression fitting).This fixed all my fuel issues and maybe this post will help someone someday because i would love to pass the favor on.ALWAYS CHECK THE OCTOPUS AND PETCOCKS NEW OWNERS OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT BE DRIVING THE CAR FOR A WEEK AND MAKING THE WIFE ANGRY BECAUSE U HAVE TO USE HER CAR .Now I can focus on my rear brakes issue and rear tire issue.Rear brake pads are tottaly gone so i may have to attemt a rebuild on the caliper not sure and yes I will clean the spooge hole :P and we cant forget the broken exaust cause the PO never mounted it to the rear mount(But those are problems Im sure i will resolve with the help of these forums).Thank you all again and its good to meet u all.
    Its good to be riding again.

Welcome aboard. Many happy smiles .
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Hola wey! Me nombre es Grande Mocoso!
      http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Big Booger

Great name lol.Ty both for the welcome
        Its good to be riding again.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Deny
          1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
          1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Sounds like you have some good mechanical aptitude already.This site is a wealth of knowledge.Welcome.Have fun
            80 SG XS1100
            14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Working...
            X