Kickstart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstart?

Did the XS1100 ever come with a kickstart?-mine has a rubber boot over the spline & marking saying kickstarter on the case.
    Worst idea ever not putting kickstarts on large 4 cyl bikes-i mean theyre not hard to kickstart & thats easier than pushing a 260 kg bike when the batteries died.My old 77 Z1000 was easy to kick start.
    80 XS11 Standard Australia

Hey Chrisso,

A simple search for kickstart will reveal several threads with info about WHY it's not really as necessary, along with how you could add one with the right parts, possibly without splitting the cases!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Search as Kickstart or 'kickstarter'' can up with zilch

Comment

got it

Comment

If you have the spline for the kick and your engine is in the original frame then are you sure the kickstart lever is not in the storage position ? Sort of above the rear m/cyl inside the frame.
          79SF
          XJ11
          78E

Comment

Originally posted by SFerinTEXAS
            If you have the spline for the kick and your engine is in the original frame then are you sure the kickstart lever is not in the storage position ? Sort of above the rear m/cyl inside the frame.
            Hmmm.... I dont think so-i would have noticed it by now.I think.??
            That all looks like to much hassle -Ill just keep buying cheap Chinese batteries

Comment

My bad. Just saw your first post with pics and your model. The 78 and 79 engines had a spline extruding out of the engine for the kickstart setup. Later models just have the hole capped off like yours. As pointed out all over this site it was really not much use except for a problem in the electric start system.
              79SF
              XJ11
              78E

Comment

I couldn't wait to get my kick start thought it would come in great if the battery went dead I have used it once and found out after I got mine that if the battery is dead the kick start wont work either
                "Lead by example, Follow by choice"

1979 xs1100sf 10,182 miles

Comment

Working...
                X