Jardine spaghetti setup issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jardine spaghetti setup issues...

My bike came with the spaghetti pipes, new in packaging never installed . But I don't see how they are suppose to connect between the two mufflers. it doesn't appear that the parts that sticks out of each muffler are long enough to connect together. Am I missing a part that slips over the parts that stick out of the mufflers to connect them together? If I am missing a part, how would i go about fabricating a part?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

-Chris-
    1971 CB750 K1 (Painted 96-98 honda blue, currently reassembling from total teardown)
    1979 XS1100F Dark Blue (almost done...seized bolts makin me PO'd!)
    1979 CX500C (project/parts...bad stator...)
    1981 CX500C (currently the bike i ride)

I believe it's called the crossover pipe...and after looking around I think mine is missing...

Could someone that has this exhaust tell me what length and diameter the crossover is? So I could make one...

Thanks,

-Chris-
    1971 CB750 K1 (Painted 96-98 honda blue, currently reassembling from total teardown)

Comment

Cross-over pipe

The pipe goes on the inside, just measure the inside diameter of the pipes where the missing pipe goes and you will have your outside diameter measurement.
      To get the measurement for the length, put the exhaust on your bike, all bottoned up just like it's supposed to go and then measure the distance from pipe to pipe and then add 2 and 1/2 inches.
      If you get the outside diameter correct, then your new part should fit kinda tight, with no clamps.
      You will have to remove one side of the exhaust to install the new peice of pipe.

Good luck man

Comment

There are some pictures of one for sale on ebay. Item # 300239330523. I thought it might help you.
        Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
        1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
        23mm float height
        120 main jets
        42.5 pilot jets
        drilled stock airbox with K&N
        Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
        spade fusebox
        1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions I'll see what I can come up with...

Comment

Too Bad

Unfortunately, they are ruined.
            If you insist on using them, your XS11 may: lose 2nd gear, suffer clutch spring fatigue, bad fuses, plugged spooge holes and dirty carburetors.

To possibly avoid these and other problems you should ship the ruined pipes to me for disposal.

Just trying to help.
            XS1100SF
            XS1100F

Comment

The Jardine muflers I have also have the crossover pipe. (Crossovers are supposed to add a little bottom end torque.) The pipe has a clamp bolt at each end; the pipe slips over the stubs on the mufflers and seals by tightening the bolts. There are no gaskets in the crossover pipe, or muffler to header junction for that mater.

If this part is missing you can probably fabricate a replacment out of steel tubing, or even cap the crossover stubs on the mufflers. I doubt if you would see much change in performance. If you fabricate a crossover tube I would cut a slot in the ends and put a SS hose clamp on the ends to tighten down the junction.
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.
              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by oseaghdha
                Unfortunately, they are ruined.
                If you insist on using them, your XS11 may: lose 2nd gear, suffer clutch spring fatigue, bad fuses, plugged spooge holes and dirty carburetors.

To possibly avoid these and other problems you should ship the ruined pipes to me for disposal.

Just trying to help.
                Nice try... :P

Thanks again for the advice peoples...

Comment

Working...
                X