Turn signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signal

When riding i've noticed that when i signal to make a left turn it wouldn't turn on right away. I'd move the switch again to the left and it would turn on. Now it's where it doesn't turn on unless i signal right and slide it to the left and then it will signal. I don't know if this means i have something that is wore out or something is wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks
    "Watchout for the guy behind the guy in front of you"

1980 XS 1100 SG

The last one that I had do that I took apart and cleaned it up but in the end I replaced it.
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

look at that switch

I had the same trouble for a while with my switch. It was just dirt buildup and the old switch lube had gotten hard and crusty. Just clean the switch and put some (sparingly) dielectric grease in there.
      80G XScitant XStreme

"Don't ever give up, don't ever give in, and don't ever read the owner's manual."

-- Red Green

Bikes I have owned --
      '68 Honda 90
      '74 Yamaha Enduro 125
      '75 Husqvarna 250CR
      '85 Kawasaki KLR250
      '80 Kawasaki KZ750H1 LTD

Comment

Just tried the switch while bike is parked. Turn it to left and it just moves with no resistance. Move to right and could feel resistanceand move back to left and it has resistance. Push in middle to cancel and it moves to left without resistance. Move to right and right back to left and it works. So not sure if it needs cleaned or replaced. Will try the cleaning first since it more cost effective.
        "Watchout for the guy behind the guy in front of you"

1980 XS 1100 SG

Comment

Needs cleaning. It's probably been 30 years eh
          Jeff Korn
          Original Owner 79XS1100 E
          Yamaha Warrior has come and gone

Comment

Working...
          X