How anal are you about your bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How anal are you about your bike?

I was wondering are you picky about your bike?I don't like bringing my bikes to work because i don't like people trying to sit on both my bikes(1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100 and my 1980 Yamaha 1100 SG) I think that this is a bad habit that people do.Am i being fussy?When i was in high school a friend sat on my bike in a parking lot where we used to work and dropped my bike causing both front and rear turn signals as well as the engine cases to have to be replaced.I take alot of pride in both my bikes and don't want to have to remind people look don't touch!Am i alone in this thought?
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Yeah your alone. nodody sits on my bike at work or anywhere else. then again I have a helmet sticker that reads." don't ask to ride my bike and I won't ask to f*&^ your wife"
    I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

People at my work don't but occasionally they try to.Last week i was at a biker blessing with my Kawasaki and i was talking to a guy who rode a brand new Honda sport bike.I guess he thought that he could sit on my bike until i had to remind him that i paid close to $300.00 for my Corbin thats when he stopped and looked at me.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

When I was single I was very protective of my bike (not XS1100).
        It was always spottless and everything functioned properly.
        Now that I'm married with a gaggle of kids I'm not as particular. When I would park my bike at work (a hospital) and a child would get excited at the bikes parked in a row, I'd tell the parent that the child could sit on my bike but not the others. I made sure they understood that the others' property was off-limits and they could sit on mine because they had permission. This was reinforced as I was the security supervisor and we wore black tactical uniforms and looked rather official.
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

not me.

I could care less who rides my bike let alone sit on it. if you want to sit?, sure. if you want to ride?. hell yeah. go for it.
          1978 XS1100E 81' motor
          ratted out piece of lightnin. yeah.!

Comment

The thought of anyone sitting on my bike when it's parked in the lot and I'm inside working never occurred to me.

Maybe it's because I would never be as disrespectful as to sit on someone else's with out permission first.

I'd like to think security is keeping an eye on the motorcycle parking area.

Paul
            1983 XJ1100 Maxim
            1979 XS1100 Standard
            1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Never ride my bike to work, I would call them from Omak,wa approx 40 miles south of work and say "sick" and ride all day,I live 3 miles from work, I am pretty fussy with the bike, after any type of riding SWMBO must clean,wash.polish , the japanese mistess as she calls it,.... andreas

Comment

One time i was on my way to work and stopped at my storage unit and decided to take the bike instead of the truck.I started the bike and looked up and it was beautiful out and i had sick time so i decide to go for a ride.I put 200 miles on the bike that day.
                1980 XS1100 SG
                Inline fuel filters
                160 mph speedometer mod
                Kerker Exhaust
                1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

The thought never crossed my mind either. Always felt that sitting on someone else's bike without permission was like sitting inside someones eles car. You just don't do it. I don't like the idea of anyone I don't know to sit or ride on my bike. But if I trust them and I mean really trust them then I would allow it.

As far as I know I have never had anyone just sit on my bike. Don't mean it hasn't happened tho
                  Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
                  87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
                  93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
                  71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
                  69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

Well the last time my brother was arrested it was for dropping some drunk ******* that he found sitting on his bike at Friday the thirteenth. I feel much the same as he does about it.
                    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Axel Anal

Late at night someone must have visited my bike in my parling lot . There was salty stains on my newly polished aluminum .
                      There was dirt on the seat and tank where someone had maybe kicked it ??? So... anal is my middle name .
                      XJ1100K
                      Avon rubber
                      MikesXS black coils
                      Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
                      MikesXS front master
                      Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
                      Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
                      Progressive fork springs
                      CIBIE headlight reflector
                      YICS Eliminator

Comment

Kinda makes ya wanna get hold of them don't it?
                        http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

I'd let anyone, who can afford to replace it, drive it, but only in the hopes they wreck it and buy me abetter one...
                          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I bought a security system for my bike with motion alarm and engine kill feature, but have yet to live somewhere where I felt I need it. So, in the box it sits. Hopefully, I will never need it.
                            '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I won one of those, at the 1991 Ride the Rockies Rally.

I put it on my ex girlfreinds '63 VW beetle. I figured it was more likely to be stolen!
                              Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                              '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
                              X