petcock rebild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petcock rebild

my petcocks no longer shut off my fuel. anyone know where to get a rebuild kit, or if there is another way to fix??
    any info appreciated.

redbone
    testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Use the search button at the top of the page to look for 'petcock spooge hole'. Also look for 'petcock repair'. This will bring you up lots of articles about your problem. If you are a bit lucky, and if you are careful with taking it apart, you will probably be able to get your petcocks working without a lot of cash money involved. Like anything, pay close attention to how it comes apart.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

It's been a few years since I have done mine but I think I ordered a kit from Partsnmore. If I remember right it was fairly cheap and easy to do.
      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
      '82 XJ1100
      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I got my 79 XS1100SF petcock rebuild kits from Georgefix on the ole ebay. $28 bucks for both sides. He is excellent.
        2-79 XS1100 SF
        2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
        80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
        Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
          I got my 79 XS1100SF petcock rebuild kits from Georgefix on the ole ebay. $28 bucks for both sides. He is excellent.
          I did the same. The rebuild is very simple assuming your tank isn't full of gas.

Don
          currently own;
          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

I found a rebuild kitfor 27.95 plus 6 bucks or something for shipping. Just ordered it will let everybody how it turns out. I found it at:

http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/petcock_rebuild.htm

I am having lots of problems with gas just leaking straight into the carbs so hopefully this will help.
            Jaron

'79 XS11 SF
            Charley Classical Clunker
            (Now with LED accents)

Comment

Working...
            X