exhaust change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust change

i am running a kn filter,accel coils, stock exhaust with holes drilled on the bottom side of the airbox ,infact 8 to be exact, and jetted to 142.5 ,and it runs sweet, and great response, i ran the emigos and was not happy with the response due to the way the rubber seals fit, went back to the original airbox, lookin for an exhaust to replace the factory, not two many choices to go with , only mac,jardine.....any others out there
    mike.s

Sorry Rizzo,

But if you're talking NEW, then you're down to ONLY MAC, Jardine pulled out of the XS11 production this last year, a recent thread was posted about it!

There is a $$ option with something called an X-pipe from Euro. Other than that, depending on why you want/need new pipes, if yours are actually just a bit pitted, but not rusting thru, etc., then you might want to look into the Jet Hot Coat system for refurbishing them!!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Here ya go...

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...tail?no=652455

Comment

Headers

I just got a new toy a madrel tubing bender i will be experimenting building headers for our bikes a 4-2 and a 4 into 1 set up i use to build my headers for the sprint cars and others back in the day since we are running out of sources sometimes ya just have to build your own and yes i have a nice Tig welder . i will post pics soon as i build a set of each and i
        will try them on my project bike. and see which design scavenges best i will use plain steel tubing for teh mock ups and then final one will be out of Stainless steel, or Reg ex tubibing and then can be Coated.

John
        79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
        80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
        06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
        2000 Concours
        84 Kawi KLR600
        79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
        79 XR250
        Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
        John

Comment

exhaust

i do welding for a living, so if you come up with a good design, i will by the parts from you if your willing to make them and then i will fit and weld thats what we need someone that has the tooling to do the job, keep in touch on your project, you might have something going on here, good luck mike s......443 375 9313
          mike.s

Comment

Re: exhaust

Originally posted by rizzo4u2
            i do welding for a living, so if you come up with a good design, i will by the parts from you if your willing to make them and then i will fit and weld thats what we need someone that has the tooling to do the job, keep in touch on your project, you might have something going on here, good luck mike s......443 375 9313
            I'll second that.

I have a welder, sand blaster, and finish shop. I can help with welding, and finishing. And a business to market through

Or just send the welded pipes, and I'll grind, blast, and paint them.(Properly)

I am about to start chopping up my pipes when my sportster pipes get here.(once I make sure sound is ok)

Comment

exhaust

are looking for sporster pipes to replace the originals
              mike.s

Comment

Found a pair of 05's on ebay for 10$. Should be here middle of next week.

Comment

But not replacing originals. Replacing the single at the end of the headers. And one to spare. Depending on sound, I might punch one out to see the difference.

Comment

Headers

Sounds like we may a good setup here i can bend the tubes build the collecter. then if they can be polished and painted we will be all set. i have a media blaster also so i can clean them up nice. I may even Remake a set of stock headers and get them chromed that way if people are doing a proper restoration . the pipes would be as good as new if not better with new materials.

John
                    79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
                    80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
                    06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
                    2000 Concours
                    84 Kawi KLR600
                    79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
                    79 XR250
                    Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
                    John

Comment

exhaust

okay when do we start,if you bend the pipe and supplies, i will buy them of of you, then fit and weld, and take care of the rest, just think your going to have to pat,, this, put mac and jardine to shame for us that like to modify our bikes
                      mike.s

Comment

Working...
                      X