Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll keep at it

Thanks you guys for the pointers.
    I will try opening the idle mix screw first this morning, it sure is cold (and rainy) enough to make la Nina proud here at the coast.
    If that does not help, I'll go back into the float bowls. I did not miss the spooge hole in there on my last rounds of cleaning, I usually spray in carb cleaner and make sure I get an eye full through the other side.....But as you say, it may be not big enough yet. I bought some "Dunk"and might let the bowl soak over a day or so before I get out a poker to ream it out.

Time is on my side, as I often tell myself.
    This Chicago bike has been a very tough teacher in the disciplines of patience and self control: it seems that nearly none of my first repair attempts on the various issues I resolved this last year ever took right away,it usually took at least 2 or 3 runs at it.
    My strategy: Do not expect it to be any different, and roll with the "learning experience".
    Maybe it will make me a better mechanic when I grow up...
    80 1100SG with 79 engine
    79 1100F being restored
    78 xs650 runabout (mpg, eh?)
    Irreverence is the champion of liberty and its only sure defense

Ooop, that was not supposed to be a new thread

This post above does not belong here, it was a reply to "Choke is still being funky"
    So if an administrator wants to snuff it out of existence, that might make it less cryptic than standing there out of context.
    80 1100SG with 79 engine
    79 1100F being restored
    78 xs650 runabout (mpg, eh?)
    Irreverence is the champion of liberty and its only sure defense

Comment

Working...
    X