Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cr33 cables

Hi Roger,
    I am using the Motion Pro push pull cable as well. I seem to recall that I got the instructions online from Motion Pro. I looked at my bike today to see how I had hooked them up. Looking down at the two adjustment things mounted on the carb bank that the cables go through, the front one (closest to the front wheel) is the pull throttle closed one. I attached the cable nipple through the lowest of the available three holes. The rear cable (closest to the rear wheel) is is the pull throttle open. Hope this makes sense. As far as the cables being long enough, mine were, but I am using aftermarket bars. Let me know how it works out for you.

Best of luck,
    Leo

Originally posted by rogermOS View Post
    I have a 79 XS11. After reading your post I decided to junk the stock carbs. My bike had a pull throttle only, so I got a push/pull kit from motion pro. Everything was going great till I had to route the cables at the carbs. What looked like it would work was the opposite of all instructions I found on the web. Please tell me how you routed your cables. The throttle arm is shaped some what like a > sing with 3 holes on top and bottom. I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me, and also any tips you may have found to make it easier. The MP kit was specific for Yamaha models, so the cables should be long enough, but being an after market, who knows.

Thanks
    1980 XS1100 Special
    1197cc Wiseco kit
    1978 cams
    4 into 1 Jardine with glasspack
    Keihin CR33 mm carbs
    K&N individual pod filters
    TKAT fork brace

Comment

Cable Routing

Leo

Thanks for your reply. I actually took the carbs to work to have a friend look also. He agreed that the front loop had to be for the pull cable. Thanks for the tip on the position. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X