Needle Jets Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle Jets Found

I've been searching high and low and I finally found a source for the needle jets for my 79 xs1100 special. They can be found at Speed and Sport and NW Vintage Cycle Parts but they are not cheap. I just ordered the last couple NWVintage had in stock but I suppose they might get more.

Do a part number search for 2H7-14941-02-00 on either site, that is the number for the 266 - X2 jets found in #1 and 4 cylinders. Can't find the 301 - X2 for #2 and 3 but I plan to just run 266's in all the carbs.

added for search - ability:
    needle jet needlejet emulsion tube emulsiontube main nozzle 266x2 266-x2 301-x2 301x2
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

psycoreefer:

You can get genuine Yamaha Parts at: http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/page.../2/Yamaha.aspx

almost half as cheap as those. Also Bike Bandit has them for 12.04 5G26-3

Comment

Boyat -
      I think your talking about float needle's and seats. I'm talking about the needle jet, its a large round brass tube that goes up the center of the carb, the main jet screws into it form the bottom and the slide needle goes into it from the top. They are discontinued from Yamaha and I could not find any after market suppliers that could get them.

edit -
      wait, I reread your reply and I think your talking about the needles, where I'm talking about the jet the needle goes into. Bike bandit doesn't have either, they list the price and show them on the fiche but you can't "add" any to your cart.
      Last edited by psycoreefer; 06-18-2008, 02:41 PM.
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

Talking about emulsion tubes item # 8 on the Yamaha parts look up list at:

http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/page.../2/Yamaha.aspx

Just look on the list and put the bike particulars in and see that they are charging $9.51 for a 5G26-3 needle or as the manual states, "Main Nozzle."

Comment

Sorry About that the price for the Needle Jet 5G26-3 is 12.04 whereas the emulsion tubes are in the 28.00 range. I now presume that you are referring to the emulsion tubes not the needle

Comment

Needle jet is another name for emulsion tube as is main nozzle. All the same part and all not available from bike bandit or Yamaha anymore. On the Cycle parts page it says "call us" rather then add to cart so maybe they have a few left also.

The 5GZ6 is the needle or jet needle.

266 x2 is the needle jet or emulsion tube.

Both seem to be rare as hens teeth. Anyone thats looking for these knows what I'm talking about.
            1979 xs1100 Special -

My Bike:
            [link is broken]

Comment

Working...
            X