Cycle Sound System (Hoese)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle Sound System (Hoese)

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I am looking to find a Cycle Sound System for my 1981 SX1100, it is full dressed as it came from the factory, as I am told. I learned that Hoese made a system that custom fit right into the fairing just behind the windshield. I have searched everyewhere and cannot even find a picture of this, much less a place to purchase one. Do any of you gentlemen have any information that may help me?

Thank you
    Deadog

I wanted a cyclesound for my fairing so I kept checking ebay for one. I did find one attached to a fairing and ended up buying the fairing with cycle sound and radio for $50. Gave fairing away but kept radio and cycle sound.

Here's a new one without radio for $200....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-J...mZ110204950377

Here's one on a fairing for quite a bit less....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda...m380036051037&

and here's one in the middle, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/vette...m180252527409&

Nice bike by the way!!
    Ernie
    79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
    (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Radio

Go to a shop and get a modern system installed. it will work better and have better speakers. You will also be able to play your MP3s on it . Just a thought
      Doug
      Doug Mitchell
      82 XJ1100 sold
      2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
      2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
      1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
      47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

awesome! How do I find the model of my fairing? It is for sure a Vetter also?

Thank you for the reply's

Deadog

Comment

If it is a Yamaha faring, then there is a data plate on the left side where the electrical connections are mated to the faring. It has the model number on it.

Comment

Didn't Vetter make the fairings for the Venturer package?
            Ernie

Comment

I got one

Post a pic of the back of the fairing so I can see if I have the right one..... Will sell if it fits....
              You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
              Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
              Drilled airbox
              Tkat fork brace
              Hardly mufflers
              late model carbs
              Newer style fuses
              Oil pressure guage
              Custom security system
              Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

They sold bikes with a lot of different fairings from different manufactures, most were dealer option installs, I think the original Venturer fairings were made by Pasifico special for Yamaha, at least that is what the guy at Swannie, who used to make windshields and sell replacement parts, told me when I ordered my last windshield.
                Fastmover
                "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                lion". SHL
                78 XS1100e

Comment

Your fairing on that 81 Venturer is, and always was a Vetter. Pacifico did them for the earlier XS's. Usually a lot of cyclesound systems on ebay. The one on my Venturer is loaded with a Pioneer CD player pushin two Polk all-weather audio speakers.Sound quality is exceptional, even at 80mph. The speaker openings and stereo opening will accept the new stuff just fine.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Ok, thank you all for your replies. I finally got the picture of the backside of the fairing. Also I found the name plate, but can only discern the name Yamaha on it. Planedick, let me know if this is compatible. I would love to get the Cyclesound if it is, as long as it will fit in my budget.

Again, thanx to all..

Deadog

Comment

That is the standard Vetter IV you have there. Pretty much any of the Cycle Sound housings will fit it.

The Cycle sound is just the housing. You put whatever head unit and speakers you want (that will fit, of course) in it.

Just go to Ebay and search for 'Vetter' . There are a few for sale at any given time.

The hardest part is the rain cover. They are harder to find. I am just looking at buying a Marine head unit anf speakers so I don't have to worry about the rain.
                      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Craz,

Cover at "http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vetter-Radio-Cover_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31275QQihZ008QQit emZ180253449655QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" Cut and paste link, I couldn't get the url to work in the preview pane but when I paste it in my browser address bar it works.

I also saw a marine system at CTC 'bout a month ago..think it was around $199
                        Last edited by egsols; 06-19-2008, 10:08 AM.
                        Ernie

Comment

Okay, that link doesn't work right either. Item no. is 180253449655

or you can search for "Vetter Radio Cover" current price is $26
                          Ernie

Comment

Yes, I see them all the time. They usually go quite high, for the cover..

I have my cover, but one of the hinges broke off. I bought a new (different style) cover, but it is a little larger and (to me) would look goofy on the Cycle Sound setup
                            Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                            '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

radio cover

I usually buy mine from the local boat shop.
                              Fastmover
                              "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                              lion". SHL
                              78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
                              X