Seat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat question

Since the factory seat is so uncomfortable and I cannot afford a $400-$600 seat I was thinking of replacing the foam with Memory type foam (TempurPedic type stuff)

I found a site that sells it custom cut. I would have to shape it a little but...

Has anyone tried this? If so did it help?

Thanks
    Never scratch your head with a nail gun!

1982 XJ1100

hey there newbie...

hey there Rhumba.....welcome newbie....as far as foam cutting goes, i can help ya....best is to use a electric knife and angle grinder....any advice i can give ya is here...private message me and i can give you my advice....hope this helps....ross
    rebel devil
    1979 xs 1100f standard
    authenic historical vehicle
    42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
    "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
    "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
    "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
    '96 venture cct.....installed!
    stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
    i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

I've been using a tempur-pedic cushion in my cage, and the only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that heat made it much too soft, and cold made it hard as a rock. Something to keep in mind, anyways...

Vlad
      ----
      '81 XS1100SH "Hound of Basketville" - new project
      '81 XS1100H Venturer
      '81 XJ750RH Seca

Comment

Thanks for the input, especially about the temperature thing.

Didn't think about that.
        Never scratch your head with a nail gun!

1982 XJ1100

Comment

hey there Rhumba...why not try a foam supplier in the area...trust me they have a lot of different foam that you can try....i know you want your a** to mold to the seat, but ya gotta remember that seat will be out in direct sunlight and other elements (rain, snow, sleet, hail, swmbo, etc....)...good luck...ross
          rebel devil
          1979 xs 1100f standard
          authenic historical vehicle
          42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
          "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
          "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
          "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
          '96 venture cct.....installed!
          stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
          i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

Putting a gel pak in might be what you are looking for. I haven't done it but a couple of people that I know have and seem happy with it.
            http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Funny story about Tempurpedic stuff. Took my Tempur pillow that i love up to hunting camp this last year. First night it was fine. Came back second night, it was in the low 20's and by nighttime. The pillow was as hard as a rock. So yeah, temperature really affects the tempurpedic stuff.
              79 XS1100 Standard

Comment

Working...
              X