1100sg first time carb re-assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100sg first time carb re-assembly

please bare in mind that this is the first time i've worked on this bike.... well after fighting the bloody thing all afternoon victory is almost in sight, only one problem, can't remember where the crank case breather hose attaches..... dad and i tore it apart about 2 weeks ago and my memory is about useless these days anyways :P some help in the matter would be deeply appreciated

If you have a stock airbox it plugs into the large barbed fitting on the front of the airbox. If you have pod airfilters I understand you can use a small breather type from an auto parts store. By the way, my SWMBO says I suffer from the same memory problem, but I don't remember it ever happening.
    1979XS1100SF
    K&N's and drilled airbox
    Jardine 4in1
    Dunlop Elite 3's
    JBM slide diaphragms
    142.5 main jets
    45 pilot jets
    T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
    750/850 FD mod.
    XV 920 Needle Mod.
    Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
    Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

well it seems that i described the wrong hose to begin with.... it's the small one that attaches at the same bracket as the airbox, open-ended no less (10 humiliating minutes searching and piecing info together shortly after reading the notice about posting). alas i'm still denied a nice casual ride on this machine. different problem from the original disassembly and yet it still has the same symptoms. irony is going to be my undoing at this rate, and as for the SWMBO, what's the question again???

Comment

The small hose is for the middle drive vent, and it should be attached at the upper airbox bolt, and to the small vent nipple that is just to the rear of the larger crankcase vent.

Comment

hehe yeah, and now that i've finally found your sn, absolutely thank you for the carb dude, it's getting there, just needs some tlc and some patience javascript:smilie('')
          big grin

Comment

Irony???? Isn't that something SWMBO throws when extreme frustration sets in the last snide remark of your side of the argument leaves your mouth?
            1979XS1100SF
            K&N's and drilled airbox
            Jardine 4in1
            Dunlop Elite 3's
            JBM slide diaphragms
            142.5 main jets
            45 pilot jets
            T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
            750/850 FD mod.
            XV 920 Needle Mod.
            Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
            Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

heh, nah the thing being thrown is considerably harder and possibly pointed, or at least well aimed/heavy

Comment

first time?!?!?!?!

hey there fuzzygremlin....welcome newbie.....hope you find all that you seek with this site....as far as your carbs go....now you only got 2 more cleanings and about 3 more take offs after that and she should run fine...hehehehehe...just joking....i hope you got her, but if not, trust me you will be back here and never fail, you will find your path to enlightenment......remember, the path to enlightenment is paved with many swear words.....welcome aboard and good luck....say "hi" to dad...he'll remember me.....talk 2 ya later....ross
                rebel devil
                1979 xs 1100f standard
                authenic historical vehicle
                42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
                "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
                "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
                "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
                '96 venture cct.....installed!
                stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
                i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

What part of TX you in, fuzzygremlin?
                  '07 Virago
                  '80 XS11G
                  '78 XS11E
                  '97 Grand Prix GTP
                  '99 Grand Prix GT

Comment

Thnx for the reception ross, and as for this enlightenment thing, does it involve a large hammer and menacing laugh?? And i'll pass along the greetings.

As far as where i'm located grandprix, tyler longview area

Comment

Working...
                    X