Ken Talbot it's Rob carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Talbot it's Rob carroll

just caught your post ken. Hell yes i'm up for it but Ihaven't a clue how to measure a float or what to measure it with. I hope you didn't mean tonight because I sure could use some sleep. I do have wrenchs and such to pull the carbs. I just wouldn.t much know what to look for that might be wrong with that carb when i opened it up. give me an idea of what special tools I will need to come up with and we will see just how feasible this might be. I ain,t no mechanical genius but i got a good bit of common sense.and I,m about as determined as one can get. How would We proceed with this tremendous idea of yours.

thanks. Rob

Don't ask me how I jumped tracks to a new thread

Not tonight, Rob, but a bit at a time, over a period of time. Most of what needs to be done and checked, you can do with a basic set of metric sockets, a set of metric combination wrenches, and a decent screwdriver. The jig you will want for measuring float height you can cut carefully with an xacto knife out of light card stock. Mostly what you need is a place to work, a bit of patience, and a willingness to take it slowly. Working on these bikes is not necessarily a race. Just about any hour of the day, there's somebody available to help a rookie get out of a jam.

For the best results, it helps if you lay out everything you can about the problem at hand i.e what it looks or sounds like, what you or somebody else has done, what specific make and model you're working on, what has been done to it in the past, etc, etc. As they say, sometimes a picture can be worth a thousand words when you're trying to explain to us what you're up against.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
    X