pickup coil help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup coil help

Hi I bought this beautiful xs1100f on e-bay last march in Atlanta Georgia rode it all the way back to minnesota,only problem is now the pickup coil wires were wornout tried to fix them per tech tips to no avail,it will not crank,have oil and nuetral lights,battery tested fine runs like a champ normally.I need help fixing it! I live in St cloud Minnesota and am willing to trade parts and or pay someone to fix the problem and get me back on the road.I have two spare parts bikes another xs1100f and an 80 model xj. Anyone know someone within 100 miles of me that has experience working on xs1100's and willing to help? 320-393-2820 or dreamtime425@netscape.com

Will not crank?

The P/U coil wires will not affect the cranking mode. Is the kill switch on? Have you tried jumping the kill switch? Try shorting the blue/white wire on the starter solenoid, to ground. If the solenoid is good, then the engine should crank. If the ground wire in the right side handlebar switch, is broken/disconnected, it will not crank. The switches are not case grounded to the bars, they need a ground wire.

Comment

Working...
    X