values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• values

how do i go about doing the sujested value ajestment. my bike a 79 xs1100 sp was a one owner with 30,000ml on it. its had not been touched much, keep for years in the gurage. ive had to do things here and there, but i cant seem to find out how to ajust the values. my mechanical experience is just that i learn as i go.
    can anyone point me in the right direction?
    john pennell

I moved your post to the XS/XJ area and changed the name to Valves so more people could look and help you out.

Here it is in a nutshell....please buy the service manual or take it to the dealer if you don't know what you are doing. See if anybody on the list lives near enough to you to help out.

Well you take this cover off.

And turn the end of the crank till the cam lobes point away from the surface of the shim you wish to check.

Then use a feeler gauge to check clearences.

If the shim has to come out, rotate the bucket to this position with the notch out.

Then you will have to use the special tool (right) or something else to compress the bucket with out damaging the cam or cylinder head.

Here I am pulling out the shim with hemostats...special tool installed.

ANYWAY there is a lot missing from this brief description, DO NOT attempt till you know all the finer points, like direction of rotation of engine, sizes of shims, etc, etc, etc. Just a quick dirty overview.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I never attempted this before but have allot of mechanical background.
      Get a manual, search this site and don't be afraid to ask questions. There is always some good advice here!

Comment

Working...
      X