No announcement yet.

750 FD Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now it's raining in Cincinnati, and it's KILLING me not being able to put more miles on this mod. It's that good .
    Hang in there man, the sunshine is coming!
    I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
    3J6 003509
    Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
    Fuse Block Upgrade
    Mike's XS Green Coils
    Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

I'm not gonna make it! I just checked the weather channel, and it looks like I might be able to get a ride in after all. Looks like the rest of the rain is going north and south of me. It's a little brisk out, so I'm just going to put on my michelin man suit and take her out.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

1980 850 FD on a 79 Standard

I'm about to attempt this mod myself, using either a 1978 750 FD, or a 1980 850 FD. I prefer the 850 FD, as it is from Special and painted black already. Do you know if there are any issues regarding spline fitment between years? I thought I saw a link earlier when I was researching that took me to a page that compared all the gear ratios and compatibilities.

Regardless, I appreciate the depth of the information and tips in your comments - it pretty much made up my mind to pursue the FD mod.

Comment

Your probably better off with the '80 FD. My understanding is that it's easier to convert the 79 and later FD's. The one I used was off a '79 750, and it was real easy to prep.
          I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
          X