petcock change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petcock change?

is there a cheaper petcock that will fit the tank that just has on off and res with one fuel nipple on it or should i just rebiuld mine and get rid of the octopus?mine are leaking even with the lever on off.iwould prefer a nice simple one nipple valve so it would be cleaner without have a Y adapter in there,and extra fuel line.
    81 SH for 300 bucks,work in progress.
    87 dodge d-50,35's,lockers fr&rr,fun.
    87 dodge d-50,35's,open diffs,wifes.
    89 dodge spirit,low 17's 1/4mile w/o turbo.

I think the Special has the same bolt pattern as the 650. If so, you can get "normal" petcocks from mikesxs.com . I know the Standard has a wider bolt pattern than the Special, and the 650 and 750/850 triples have the smaller pattern.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Mikes XS Petcocks

I just went to the Mikes XS site and it looks like part number 20-0050 and 20-0051 are the correct numbers for the right and left Petcocks. Does anyone know for sure if these will fit a Special Tank.

I changed to non-vacuum petcocks on my Standard about a year ago. I do like them better than the originals(fewer hoses, less hassles). When I purchased the Petcocks from Partsmore, I had to buy adapters to fit the Standard Tank. If you buy from Partsmore, I believe you also buy an adapter plate for the Special. I did have some problems with them leaking from the adapters until I found some good goop to replace the gasket.

Anyway, before I pop for the MikesXS Petcocks for my Special, I need to be sure they will fit. Thanks again fory your help. Tom
      Tom

Comment

ya i want to know if it will fit before i buy.then again i need to wait till i can afford it first.
        81 SH for 300 bucks,work in progress.
        87 dodge d-50,35's,lockers fr&rr,fun.
        87 dodge d-50,35's,open diffs,wifes.
        89 dodge spirit,low 17's 1/4mile w/o turbo.

Comment

Working...
        X