N.o.s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.o.s.

Where can I get a NEW throttle sleeve (79 XS1100F)....I got one (generic) from Cycle Gear that has to much play....Chop
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

throttle sleeve

I bought one from mikesxs.com. It's not NOS Yamaha, but it seems fine. I put grease on the handlebar before installing and I don't notice any excessive play. They're $10. You'll have to be pretty lucky to find a NOS unit sitting around somwhere.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Unfortunately - to get the new OE throttle sleeve, you would have to order a new OE throttle grip as they are all one piece. 2H7-26240-00-00 is your part number, $18.02 from BikeBandit. The factory vulcanizes/molds the grip on to the throttle sleeve and I remember when I changed out my grips, I ended up grinding down the the throttle sleeve with a dremmel to smooth it out so I could slide on the new grip.

Good luck
      Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
      2002 Ducati ST4S
      2012 BMW F800R
      1981 Suzuki GS450E
      1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

The factory vulcanizes/molds the grip on to the throttle sleeve
        What year was that on?

Both my 79 specials came off pretty easy.
        Ernie
        79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
        (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

You're right, the grip comes off fine, but the throttle sleeve has ridges, etc. that match up with the inside of the OE grips. The OE throttle sleeve is only available with the OE style grip already installed. One could by it, remove the OE grip, file down the ridges on the outer surface and use whatever grip they want - that is what I did...
          Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
          2002 Ducati ST4S
          2012 BMW F800R
          1981 Suzuki GS450E
          1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

ridges

I didn't find any need to file off the ridges. The aftermarket throttle sleeves have them too. Aftermarket grip slips over those ridges as they prevent the grip from slipping when twisting hard.
            Last edited by bikerphil; 05-26-2008, 01:24 PM.
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

Comment

Okay - sorry to XSchop for what seems to be a series of off-topic replies. There are 4 large lugs on the end of the OE throttle sleeve that you may have to deal with in order to avoid a bulge on the end of your new grip.
              In answer to your initial question: Yes you can still get the NEW throttle sleeve and it comes with the OE grip on it as well. Part #2H7-26240-00-00, $18.02 from BikeBandit.

Good luck -
              Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
              2002 Ducati ST4S
              2012 BMW F800R
              1981 Suzuki GS450E
              1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Mikes xs

what is the part # for them. I just want/need the plastic sleeve. I have brand new silicon grips that are sleek and comfortable....thanks guys
                MDRNF
                79F.....Not Stock
                80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

throttle sleeve

Mikesxs.com P/N 02-2465
                  2H7 (79)
                  3H3

Comment

I don't know if they are molded together during manufacturer but they do come off easy enough. The ridges are to keep the grip from spinning on the sleeve as is seen on the clutch side grip which just goes over the handlebar. They are alway distorted on the clutch side.
                    xchop ... You can get one by buying any throttle side switch or grip on e-bay. They come up often.
                    Rob
                    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                    1978 XS500E
                    1979 XS1100F Restored
                    1980 XS1100 SG
                    1981 Suzuki GS1100
                    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
                    X