Footpeg replacement rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footpeg replacement rubber

The rubber on the driver`s footpegs is tearing off. Does anyone know where I can buy replacement rubber? If not, can you recommend replacement footpegs that have the same mounting bracket and angle. My XS 1100 is in excellent condition and this needs to be repaired. Thanks in advance
    1980 XS 1100 SG

footpegs

You might want to list the year and model of your bike in your profile so it is easier for people to help you. If you have a 78-79, you can get them at this link....

https://www.partsnmore.com/cat_index...tegory=chassis
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

partsnmore been out of them for a long time try looking on ebay....you may have to get the whole peg
      when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
      '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
      '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
      '78 Cadillac Seville
      Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Footpeg rubber is available from the dealer. I just bought new ones.

www.boats.net is a cheap source if you know the part number you are looking for.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

following the link

Hi Marty,
          or even if you don't know the part number.
          I clicked www.boats.net and followed the links yamaha/motorcycle/year/model and just like that, the XS11SG page opened for me. Pity that there's no parts at all listed on it.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Following another link

Hi Bikerphil,
            I opened this link too:-
            https://www.partsnmore.com/cat_inde...ategory=chassis
            Closer, but no cigar. All manner of parts but only the square-section footpeg rubbers for the '88 & '89 Specials, not the big wide ones that my XS11SG uses. And mine are looking kinda wore out. I can always go to my local Yamaha dealer and ask, right?
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The big square ones

can be found here

I bought a few myself within the last 9 months.
              80G Mini-bagger
              VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
              79SF eventually dismantled for parts
              79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
              79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
              79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Those WILL work for the early XS1100. The later model machines have the "flat" rubber on the foot pegs, and THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE from Yamaha. I know, I picked up a pair of the "new" type for daily ride, and I cannot get new rubber for them.
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Bummer ... that sucks, Ray ...

I guess I better stop riding my 80G quick... or sell it before these damn footpeg rubbers wear out ... good news is: they're in real good shape still so I'guess if I can just keep 'em from rotting off the metal and only use my tippy toes to brake and shift, I'll be good to go for a couple more years. Think I'm gonna' start lookin' for some padded sole riding boots right away ...

BTW ... would you call someone who had bikes with both styles of peg rubbers "Bi-footpegular"? Sick, aint' I? Say ... can you catch something from 'unprotected braking and shifting'?
                  80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                  79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Hmmm, been clicking on the various links posted above and not seeing the really wide/flat ones we are talking about for the 1100SG or 1100SH. I'm in the same boat with needing some new ones and can't find them anywhere.

Don
                    currently own;
                    1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                    2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Like what Ray is saying Don ...

The wide flat ones are no where to be found yet that I know of. Only the older style. There is an Ebay store that sells a few select rubber parts, like lever covers and so on, for different bikes and I imagine that they manufacture the stuff they sell .... but ... I wonder if they could/would make up replacement ones for our bikes?
                      80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

Is this what you're looking for?

E-bay $19.95 BIN
                        81 SH Something Special
                        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                        80 LG Black Magic
                        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                        For those on FB

Comment

Anyone find any ideas for a good replacement footpeg? I've seen all sorts in places like Dennis Kirk, etc but wasn't sure what would fit on my bikes.

Don
                          currently own;
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

" Say ... can you catch something from 'unprotected braking and shifting'? "

Hi Wiz,
                            yeah, gravel rash.
                            BTW, I am strictly hetero- rather than bi-pedalian. Although I do have a pair of nearly new Standard pegs that could be installed once the big fat flatties are completely toast. Does this mean I have latent bipedalian tendencies? Where can I get help? Or get rubbers?
                            Fred Hill, S'toon
                            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Crossed in the post

Is this what you're looking for?
                              E-bay $19.95 BIN
                              Hi Wildkat,
                              well, it was until with pounding heart I scanned down the page and read:- "Tip torn off one, gravel rash on both." One must compliment the seller on their honesty but I already have a pair like that.
                              Fred Hill, S'toon
                              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                              X