no turn sigs ....still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no turn sigs ....still

i know yous are tired of my same old post....but my goddam turn sigs still do not work on my 1980 mns. i can make them work if i jumper them manually at the handle bar switch when dismantled.
    [btw,..thanx to john your info was helpful]. anyway, i have myself convinced that the self canceller cuircut is somehow ballin up the works here. i do remember reading on this site that some people disconnect this feature and would like some insight and info on how it was done by someone else. this will be my last attempt at xs1100 savior....one more attempt and repair or off to EBAY it goes. thanxs in advance to any help.
    redbone
    testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Is there any way you could post some pics of the innerds of the switch? If I remember right, you had power to the br/w wire feeding the T/S circuit, but when you swing the switch to one side or the other, the power doesn't flow out of the switch. I want to see the white plastic sliding contact that the selector lever moves. It all most sounds like the copper contact strip has been removed from the white plastic, and that's why you have power in, but not out of the switch, and if you apply power to the green, or brown wire, the T/S will work.
    Did I loose you with all that?
    I don't think the canceller is to fault, but just unplug it and remove it, if you don't want the self canceller, and do the same with the E flasher. I don't have either of mine.
    Last edited by John; 05-20-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X