Keihin cr33 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keihin cr33 carbs

I am currently re assembling my 1980 XS1100 SG, newly bored to 1197cc, with a set of 1978 cams, and a 4 into 1 Jardine pipe. I will be using a set of Keihin CR33 carbs and K&N pod filters. Does anyone out there have any experience with these carbs? I'm looking for ball park jetting to start out with.
    thanks
    Leo
    1980 XS1100 Special
    1197cc Wiseco kit
    1978 cams
    4 into 1 Jardine with glasspack
    Keihin CR33 mm carbs
    K&N individual pod filters
    TKAT fork brace

I have a set of Keihin off a 2000 Kaw. zrx 1100 don't know about the CR33. Mine had 35 pilots, wouldn't run low rpm for crap unless I turned the mixture screw out 3 turns. Drilled pilots to 38 and took care of that. Had 137.5 mains, wouldn't run higher rpm with air cleaner on. Air cleaner off ran better. Now mains are 130. Runs higher rpm with air cleaner on. Still experimenting.
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Hi Red Bandit

Thanks for your reply, the ZRX carbs you are using, are they CV carbs? I decided that after 8 years of using the original 1980 carbs, to ditch my stock CV setup. Parts availability was becoming a problem, and the low speed hesitation and jerking caused by the slides bouncing around was annoying. The way I see it, if I want the slides to go up, I want them up, I don't want the CV system deciding whether to do it or not. I should have the bike on the road by June, will see how it works.

Does anyone have any comments as to how noticable the power boost from a 1197 kit is? I figure withe the extra 100cc and compression ratio increase, it should be fun.

thanks
      Leo
      1980 XS1100 Special
      1197cc Wiseco kit
      1978 cams
      Keihin CR33 mm carbs
      TKAT fork brace

Comment

They are CV. The letters cast on the side are CVK if that helps. I have stock exhaust so my findings will be somewhat resticked.

I have a Kerker 4-1 hanging on the wall. With stock carbs it won't rev over 4500. At the time I didn't want to tinker to much. I wanted to ride. So who knows when my attitude will change...any second now!!
        I put the stock velocity stacks on the ZRX carbs out of the bike and looked in, looks to small for good performance. My air box is modified more than the drill holes inside the filter area.
        79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
        79 SF parts bike.

Comment

carbs

Hi Red Bandit,
          I'm hoping I'll be reasonably lucky with the jetting, the carbs say for racing use only, and came with velocity stacks, so should be jetted rich enough. Still hoping to get the bike together for June 1. Some friends want to go to the gun range on the 30th which will cut into my bike assembly time, but it should still be doable.
          Leo
          1980 XS1100 Special
          1197cc Wiseco kit
          1978 cams
          Keihin CR33 mm carbs
          TKAT fork brace

Comment

Working...
          X