Sourcing Valves for 80-81 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourcing Valves for 80-81 head

I found one online seller for the '80-81 large valve xs-xj head. Prices were $18 (intakes) and $25 (exhausts) VESRAH valves......http://crc2onlinecatalog.com/valves.htm Anywhere else I should be looking?.....Are these Quality valves? Good Price?
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

My google search didn't yielded squat! I wonder if they are similar enough to any other bikes to work out. For instance, APE racing sells 'blanks' for the KZ that I guess you cut to length and put a groove in for the retainer...? Would be sweet if APE had a line of stuff for us Yamaha REALLY screwed us by cutting the eleven short. We just don't have the numbers to support any kind of after-market parts.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Ah HAH!!! Check out Kibblewhite Presision Machining Inc.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

BOOOOO!!!!!!!! Nevermind, they just sell the springs.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Hey Chop,

Sounds like you've found the best prices!!

I checked a few places, Cycle-Parts.com, as well as Zanottimotor.com...a HD/Yamaha dealer with good prices:

Cycle-parts.com
          $50.64
          $55.59

Zanotti
          $30.38 ea Intake
          $40.00 Ex.

Vesrah makes clutch parts as well a other aftermarket parts for our bikes. I bought mine OEM from Yamaha 8 years ago and paid $35.00 ea for them! But they were a perfect fit, didn't have to have the valve guides bored to fit like I did when I replaced the valve guides on that little KCSports 70 I fixed for the neighbor kid!

Not sure whether you would have to do that with the Vesrah valves??

Don't know what source Carolyn and her Mechanic will use for her's, she has to replace ALL 8 of them?
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I mentioned that he was a Yankee..

TC-how lucky am I? Ed has a whole engine from an XS1100 in his shed. He's pulling those valves and grinding them. Then they will be lapped into the head that I have. He's doing all the research now to make sure everything will 'go' together. I have given him free reign to do what needs to be done.
            If for some reason they won't work, customaxe says I can get just about everything from Hudson Cycle.
            I hope to hear from Ed tomorrow. If not, I will call him as I need to give him the rest of the 'Witch' so he can do the whole job. I am still hoping to be ready for the Pocono's. It will sure be a good way to get acquainted with the bike.
            80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
            79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

On the way

Thanks for the info guys/gals. I have these on the way...ALL 8...glad now our bikes aren't 16V
              Last edited by xschop; 05-08-2008, 09:18 AM.
              MDRNF
              79F.....Not Stock

Comment

valves

Just in case anyone needs valves for their 78-9 heads, the 750's are the same valve. They are a dime a dozen. $8 bucks apiece, got mine off Ebay.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

750 valves

Are you talking NEW valves. If so, I will port/rebuild the 79 head that I have as well, But the valves aren't bent, one may be a little burned at the seat. Won't know til I tear it off and stick on this 80 head and 1200 jugs
                  MDRNF
                  79F.....Not Stock

Comment

new valves

Yeah man, NEW valves! I needed only one about 3 mos. ago, found new ones for 750 on ebay. Keep your eyes open for them. Not 100% sure, but I think the 850's are the same too. I found the P/N's matched at this site...

http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/index.php
                    2H7 (79)
                    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

How are those valves holding up?

xschop, how are the valves you got from http://crc2onlinecatalog.com/valves.htm
                      working?

Comment

According to the listing at crc2 they show the valve for the XS400 as the same part numbers as the 78/79 xs1100. They show them in stock while the parts for 750, 850 and 1100 are shown as out of stock.

Are the XS400 valves the same as the 78/79 1100 valves?

BTW, I have ordered a few things from crc2 and their service seems pretty good and their parts are good too.
                        Mike Giroir
                        79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Nope.. 78/79 valves were smaller than the 80-82 valves.

Tod
                          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100
                          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I've seen new valves for our XS11's on the Aussie Ebay from time to time. From a parts outlet, not a private seller.
                            Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                            '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

valves

I have a used set of valves,springs,caps,etc out of a 78/79 head, cylinder head was very cosmetically challenged and was scrapped out, kept the cams and valves, etc, if anybody needs a set ,please send me a private message, thanx andreas

Comment

Working...
                              X