oil ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil ?

Is there a significant difference between auto oil and bike oil ?.. I don't need specs on them .. just need to know if i can run auto in the bike or not .. thanx..

30 bucks a gallon is a bit much ..
    82 XJ 1100 .. " Da Sqirrel Mobile

Dear God man !! what are you doing with that squirrel ?!!!!

Seriously... I'm not happy ..till You're not happy

I run Chevron Delo in daily ride. The 15w-40w for diesel engines. The BIG thing to look for is the circle with the SF/SE in the top half. There can be NOTHING in the bottom half. This is for "friction modifiers", and they WILL cause the clutch to slip!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

thanx.. I don't want to hurt the bike .. but 30 a gallon is just way too much .. and i'm as cheap as they come .....

Comment

Go getcha a gallon of Castrol 20W50, dump it in, and go. It's about $12 at O'Reilly's.

Comment

Thanx.. I went and got the 20/50... no explosions or expensive metal parts falling out , tis good mon.. thanx again for the help ..

Comment

Oil

I Run 20w50 Full synthetic in mine keeps em cool and as long as it dont have friction modifiers you are fine> dealers just like selling oil for 6$ a qt LOL
            79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
            80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
            06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
            2000 Concours
            84 Kawi KLR600
            79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
            79 XR250
            Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
            John

Comment

Yea.. Love the dealers.. i was at one place and they had 1/2 helmets for 79 bux.. same helmet at his second store 20 min away on sale for 30.. i asked how can that be ?.. his answer.. the parent store sets the prices.. oh.. well that cleared it up..lol

Comment

Working...
              X